View Full Version : Sick of it.

coddersjnr
03-16-09, 12:43 PM
I'm fed up of the teachers patronising me and treating me like an idiot, they're telling all my mates to not talk to me etc because I get distracted and that I'll distract them and they're treating me like I'm a kid. I think it's because of the meeting I had with the student support counciller, she was asking me about me possibly having adhd and I reckon she's said something to my teachers because they're acting really weird around me now.

FFS. :mad:

My rant is finished.

samtux
03-16-09, 02:00 PM
I know exactly where u are coming from i am trying to get a diagnosis atm but it has been nearly a month and my gp still has not given me a referal :@ Grrrrrrrrrr

I am told i could aslo go through my school where they r obliged to do something in so many weeks zzzzzzzzzzz

anyway bk to the topic there is a kid im my class who apparently has ADHD and some of the teachers are really patronising to him there is a harsh label that goes with adhd in the uk i think ether ppl are too over the top or just dont belive in it !?

Try talking to the teachers involoved try to explain that you do not want them to treat you differently just a little more support would be nice ie powerpoint hand outs or what ever but you do not need looking after

Hope my rant helped !?

coddersjnr
03-16-09, 02:07 PM
Haha thanks, us british need to rant together because I doubt I'm even going to be able to get a diagnosis here in Chelmsford, maybe when I move down to Newquay I could get it down there although it would be too late college-wise.

I know what you mean with peoples opinions on adhd, I mentioned it to my parents about a year ago asking if I could possibly have it and they just laughed and my friends at school thought you basically had to run around in circles constantly to have adhd. It's really annoying and I just want to find out how and when I can get help because I really don't want to fail my course :confused:

You in college atm then?

samtux
03-17-09, 04:54 PM
Yes indeed we brits do need to stick together!

Glad its not just me who seems to have hit a brick wall tryin to get a diagnosis ! (not that i want any1 else to struggle !!)

Your movin to newquay ?! howcome ? this part of the country is great ! I love the sea !

and yes i am in 6th form atm yr 12 and hating it think i have hit the point where my raw intelegence just isnt enough and my "inattention" is getting the better of me - im sure many ppl would say well alevels are harder but i have always found things harder than my peers just now its impossible to keep up !

What lead you to beleve u had ADD/ADHD if u dont mind me asking and how did u bring it up with your parents i really want to talk to my mum just dont know how.....im worried she will just think i am trying to make excuses for my problems !?

Sam

Sorry for ranting again !!!

coddersjnr
03-17-09, 06:18 PM
Your movin to newquay ?! howcome ? this part of the country is great ! I love the sea !

What lead you to beleve u had ADD/ADHD if u dont mind me asking and how did u bring it up with your parents i really want to talk to my mum just dont know how.....im worried she will just think i am trying to make excuses for my problems !?

The reason I want to move down to Newquay is because I've been going there every year for holidays with my parents since I was a toddler, it's like a second home and I prefer it a hell of a lot more than Chelmsford. I don't quite know how I'm going to make a living down there though, haven't planned it out.

What made me first think of ADHD was when my friends had said it as a joke at school and out of curiosity I searched it up on the internet and did a few tests and each one said I was likely to have severe ADD/ADHD and since then I've been panicing about it because it explains absolutley everything thats gone wrong in my education and at home. It takes me hours to sleep, I'm always losing things and I'm constantly forgetting stuff and being disorganised. My gcse's weren't good enough for sixth form (I couldn't focus on revision and I never completed my coursework) and now that I'm in college it's even harder. I can't concentrate on anything the teachers say and I'm usually in world of my own. And I only mentioned ADHD to my mum once and she just laughed at me so I haven't bothered since but recently I've been getting really stressed and everything is getting too much, I just want a diagnosis asap so that it's off my chest.

When did you start considering you had ADHD/ADD? It's nice talking to you :)

samtux
03-17-09, 07:25 PM
its great talking to sum1 like minded tooo ! i know what u mean about wanting a diagnosis or even talk to sum1 who know what they are talkin about even not just a crappy useless gp who cant even get a referal in whats now nearly a month ?!

dont reli know what triggered my thinkin i had add i think again it was a sarcastic comment frm a m8 or something !? but this was back in middle of yr 11 and im in yr 12 now my first GP just dismissed it only recently have i moved and got a new GP + my failing a a levels so i have started up on the war path again as i had kindah given up :( new gp seems ok just is i keep moanin still hasnt refered me :'(

hav u spoken to ur gp yet ? in not i recomend takin some time b4 to make a list of all the criteria u match with lots of examples etc to take with me as when i sat down and told him why i was there i could see he was thinking ur a bit old blah blah blah and all the stereotypes and plus im not good at expressing my feelings or talking under pressure so the list like think was great ! he read it and his whole manner changed ?!

Sam

Ha this took me like 30+ mins to write !!!!!! How distracted is that !!

Sam

coddersjnr
03-18-09, 03:20 AM
Haha yeah, I'm not too bad typing on the internet but when I write in my diary, ab A5 page takes me about 2-3hours to write. Prettyyy bad, I'm glad my course isn't essay based haha.

And I don't know who my GP is, is it just my doctor? I have to change doctors anyway because I've moved house, possibly a good chance to say something when I swap doctors?

samtux
03-18-09, 06:05 PM
Yeah your gp (gereral practitioner) is just ur normal doctor it was easy to change took me about an hour just turn up to where u want to join fill in a form and bobs ur uncle ! if u go knowing the name and address of your old doc u could do it in ten mins. i had to go home to find that out !

samtux
03-18-09, 06:07 PM
ment to post this but forgot while writing last post !!! just put ur postcode in and it gives u ur nearest GP's and weather they are accepting new patienst and phone number etc....

http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/serviceSearch.aspx