View Full Version : Puget Sound -- Group Health Insurance -- good doc?

NowIKnowWhy!
03-17-09, 01:37 AM
Can anyone out there in the Puget Sound area recommend a Group Health psychiatrist who is really up on ADD meds?

For that matter, any Group Health psychologists that have been helpful to you?

Many thanks!!
:)

CoffeeGirl
03-29-09, 11:34 PM
If you find one, could you please share with me?
I really need to get on some kind of medication - I just have so much trouble trying to hold it together and get everything done.

My Group Health primary GP tried me on Ritalin, which did not seem to help and made me feel depressed, and she says there's nothing else she knows to prescribe.

All the Group Health behavioral health doctors are downtown during the work day only, and I just haven't been able to get it together to even make an appointment. If I have to take off work at least I want it to be for a doctor that understands female adult inattentive ADD.

Alternately, I'd be willing to private pay if anyone knows of a doctor in Seattle, who is good at figuring out meds.

CoffeeGirl

NowIKnowWhy!
04-08-09, 08:10 PM
Hey CoffeeGirl and others in Seattle....

I know what you mean about it being hard to get organized enough to even make an appointment....I totally sympathize with that!

I finally called Behavioral Health at Group Health and asked for a recommendation. I was bounced around until I finally ended up talking to the woman who heads up all of Behavioral Health.

The primary psychiatrist dealing with adult ADD is Dr. Loeken. There is also someone who mostly works with kids with ADD, but he can help adults too. His name is Dr. Parker. They both are downtown on Minor Avenue....hopefully one will be available to you before/after the working day, CoffeeGirl....

Good luck! You will find something....there is a lot more out there than just Ritalin!

Amy:)

CoffeeGirl
04-12-09, 07:19 PM
Thank you!

I've been putting it off, but it's so hard to get my work done, that I just have to take sick leave and go see someone to try and get medication. I struggle a lot with focus and initiation, and I'm hoping that there is some kind of meds that will help.

It helps a lot to be able to ask for a specific doctor. I'll see if I can get an appt with Dr Loeken.

21sea
08-22-09, 08:32 PM
Hey CoffeeGirl and others in Seattle....

I know what you mean about it being hard to get organized enough to even make an appointment....I totally sympathize with that!

I finally called Behavioral Health at Group Health and asked for a recommendation. I was bounced around until I finally ended up talking to the woman who heads up all of Behavioral Health.

The primary psychiatrist dealing with adult ADD is Dr. Loeken. There is also someone who mostly works with kids with ADD, but he can help adults too. His name is Dr. Parker. They both are downtown on Minor Avenue....hopefully one will be available to you before/after the working day, CoffeeGirl....

Good luck! You will find something....there is a lot more out there than just Ritalin!

Amy:)

Dr. Loeken is great! :) I first met with her a few weeks ago, was a very helpful appointment.