View Full Version : 24k dial up and ADHD.......AHHHHHHHGH

Old School MBD
03-25-09, 02:27 PM
Ok...this 24 k dialup has to end!!!!!!!!! It's not good for someone with ADHD!!!

Is anyone running sat, and if so are you happy with it?

How about cell phone wireless, how's that?

and yes.... no DSL out here

firstdesserts
03-25-09, 03:28 PM
Yuk! I swallowed long and hard before spending the extra money on DSL. However, there is a world of difference between dial-up and DSL. Mainly, though, it's the not having to wait and waste so much energy on trying to maintain focus and control frustration!

Dizfriz
03-25-09, 04:25 PM
Ok...this 24 k dialup has to end!!!!!!!!! It's not good for someone with ADHD!!!

I live in rural Texas. Dial up is really terrible. There is no DSL here at all and cellular internet was chancy. I looked at Verizon but was on the edge of the reception area so I decided to go satellite. What I got is about the same price as Verizon but a little slower than what was advertised for good reception areas. It is, however, light years ahead of dial up.

Mine is through my electric company and uses wildblue. I have been using it for a year now and have had few problems. For me it was satellite or dial up.

Might be worth checking out. You never know.

Dizfriz

Old School MBD
03-25-09, 05:39 PM
Yuk! I swallowed long and hard before spending the extra money on DSL. However, there is a world of difference between dial-up and DSL. Mainly, though, it's the not having to wait and waste so much energy on trying to maintain focus and control frustration!

F R U S T R A T I O N is an understatement LOL

2puzzledparents
05-11-09, 11:15 AM
Well, I think the trick with dialup for me was to have 4 other things going on while waiting for the pages to load. PS2 game, Television and going outside to smoke (Kids DON'T SMOKE!)

Old School MBD
11-01-11, 07:22 AM
I found something even worse than dial up.......a cell phone on the fringe of service.

I have to lie on my stomach on my bed and put phone in window to send.....if it sends!

Nifferka
11-01-11, 08:19 AM
We had dial-up that slow (and still do, in the kitchen) until they came out with 3G modem stick things a couple years ago. But it's still not DSL (which is not available) and we're only allowed 2 gigs of internet activity a month.

Turn off images, and use Opera turbo. Also, brush up on your spider solitaire skills while waiting for pages to open.

Massari
11-01-11, 10:18 AM

My download goes at 750Kb/second. I download 1GB file in like 20 minutes

Magicwithin
12-02-11, 06:53 PM
Oh ******* poor people,
I have to say that one thing which I just cannot stand is slow computers and INTERNET connections... F--k that!

Currently we have 25mbit wireless fiber optic broadband here though, and pay a wooping 19 EUR a month!! Amazing value, and amazingly fast...
I thought US was really long gone when it comes to Internet, but it seems like not..?

Anyway, I am not trying to tease u guys (just a bit) ;)
But I am suffering with you...
upgrading Internet really does help, But something which might help you more is meditation and learn how to not hyperfocus on the computer, and simply "enjoy the moment". It might be sounding funny, and it might be difficult but it is fully possible... My patience has grown a lot lately thanks to meditation and pure willpower. ;);)

Massari
12-14-11, 07:22 PM
Post your speedtest diagnosis(www.speedtest.net). I got this:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6043/46278567.jpg

Magicwithin
12-25-11, 09:58 AM
Post your speedtest diagnosis(www.speedtest.net). I got this:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6043/46278567.jpg

That is ******* outstanding! :)
Cannot post mine, I am at work... (Yep christmas day! yay)

Saboit
12-25-11, 10:49 AM
Know what you mean. now that I have cell connection I am here all day.

Bed, living room, out (never happen much)

sighduck
12-25-11, 11:22 AM
wow... i wish i was american sometimes, our useless intersent servive provider has a maximum line speed of 8mb, and you cant even get that everywhere

Saboit
12-25-11, 11:45 AM
I load every page in less then a second, that's enough, is it not?

:):):):)

I know what you mean, being an american is good.

sighduck
12-25-11, 11:47 AM
i usually load a page on the forum in less than a second as well... its just the bigger downloads where you see the slower internet have an effect

Saboit
12-25-11, 11:52 AM
Oh well when you need to download big...

Though I only surf so I am content with mine as it is.

dragokatzov
08-12-12, 12:58 PM
I actually work for a Satellite and Fixed Wireless (like Wimax ISP)
This company shall remain nameless.
If you are going to go with Satellite, I suggest Hughesnet. (and no, I do not work for hughesnet). It tends to be a lot more dependible and more stable then the others.
I would also advise looking to see if you can get Wimax or some other type of Fixed Wireless technology.
Using a cellular connection is good, though overage charges will kill you, so keep an eye on it. Here in Canada, pretty much everywhere is HSPA, and transitioning to LTE. I would advise checking your cell phone companys coverage map to make sure HSPA is in your area. I was on a recent road trip through out the USA and I was actually kind of shocked to see how many areas still use EDGE.