View Full Version : docs in Olympia?

ursus
03-26-09, 01:52 AM
Hey there family-

My daughter is in her first year at Evergreen and has run out of Adderall, lost the list of local docs she got from the health center, and can't get another list until they reopen after break. I'm sure she's not the first.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an AD(H)D savvy practitioner who can write prescriptions?

thanks in advance.............................

BarbP
04-01-09, 06:17 AM
Heh heh. I can tell you who to *avoid* in Olympia....

Unfortunately, most MDs in this area have long waiting lists for new patients, and many are suspicious of anyone looking for Adderall. :mad: Have you talked to her "hometown" doctors? They might have colleagues in Western WA somewhere who they could contact on her behalf.

ursus
04-03-09, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. And welcome to the forums, btw (I'm a midlife diagnosee also, and have found lots of solid info in here). Sorry to hear about the doc scene. It seems to me that tesc should be a major adhd magnet, and I was hopeful that the docs had synched up. The local Fairbanks doc has pitched in. If you could maybe name some names (by email) of who to avoid and who to try and get in with then perhaps the local doc could do the referral thing (great idea!). Thanks, again, for the reply. (In Fairbanks throwing darts at a phone book would give you a wrong doc at least 80% of the time).