View Full Version : Smothered Pork Steak or Boneless Chicken Breasts

Spirit
04-09-03, 10:36 AM
Smothered Pork Steak or Boneless Chicken Breast.

Enough Pork Steak or Boneless Chicken Breast for 1 serving each.
Peeled medium potatoes enough for 2 each person or 1 large for each person.
2 large cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup ( I use a 6 1/2 quart slow cooker so you might not need as much cream of mushroom soup, a 4 1/2 quart one will hold it as well if you cut potatoes smaller)

Place peeled potatoes in bottom of crock pot or slow cooker then add the first can of cream of mushroom soup. Place meat on top and season to taste ( I like to season with Seasoning Salt and pepper) Add second can of cream of mushroom soup. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or until Potatoes are done. Or on High for 4 to 5 hours until potatoes are done.

For those who don't have a slow cooker, this can be done in the oven also.

To cook in the oven, lightly spray a 10 x 13 x 2 inch cake pan (glass works best) (if you use metal line with foil first) or your favorite casserole dish cut potatoes in half or fourths depending on which you use. fourths for cake pan, 1/2 for casserole dish.
Spread mushroom soup until covered, place meat on top..now this is tricky if you are serving more than 4 people using the pork steak. You have to over lap them and I can't get more than 6 on at a time depending on the cut of meat. chicken breast is a lot easier. After seasoning meat spread the rest of the cream of mushroom soup on it. Place on either a cookie sheet or place an oven spill catcher on bottom rack to catch the spill over. (this always happens but it's worth it.
Cover with foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and then check to see if potatoes are done. (I usually start checking potatoes around 40 minutes so I don't over bake by inserting a fork in them.) I also turn my meat about half way through so it cooks evenly.

The best thing about this recipe..potatoes, gravey and meat are all in one dish..just mash potatoes with fork and put the gravey on it :D

chane_60
04-10-03, 09:43 PM
sounds yummy spirit....gonna have to try it

Nucking_Futs
02-07-04, 10:48 AM
Spirit we have tried this recipe with beef, pork, chicken, deer, duck, and phasaent no matter the meat it's a winner!!!!!!!!!

Spirit
02-07-04, 09:51 PM
Yuppers I agree.. and if you have fresh/frozen green beans to add to it..it only compliments the dish.