View Full Version : Friday 4/3 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
04-02-09, 10:09 PM
Myself, I went for a 1.15 mile walk/run on Monday, and that has been pretty much it. Last weekend we were both just really worn out, so we stayed home and did nothing. This week has been busy, aside from Monday, with appointments on Tuesday after work and Wednesday we got a new roof put on our house from some storm damage. So, just a busy week, unfortunately not so much physically.

So, how about you?

cwatca
04-02-09, 10:29 PM
I totally forgot that it's Fri. tomorrow...
On Sun, I played on the Wii and I also played on my Wii on Mon. and Tues. that's all I did...didn't go back to the gym yet :(

justcallmedorie
04-03-09, 11:35 AM
I did my 3 days of Week 5 of Couch to 5k program. If I'm still in town tomorrow I'll probably do the 3rd day of Week 5 again and start Week 6 next week...

Aack - my weight snuck up to a pound above my high goal, bad girl. It was below this morning though, so I think I'm back on track. Hope so anyhow. I'd like to see my low goal again soon.

firstdesserts
04-03-09, 03:38 PM
I went out yesterday and will again today before another blizzard blows in. I don't like to, but I might have to settle for cruising the mall this weekend. I cannot wait 'til spring!

mADD mike
04-03-09, 10:24 PM
I went out yesterday and will again today before another blizzard blows in. I don't like to, but I might have to settle for cruising the mall this weekend. I cannot wait 'til spring!

Wow man, where do you live? I can't see you waving at me, sorry.:o

Of course, you don't have to say, I just wondered what general area of the United States or world you lived in. Blizzards are not good for getting out of the house.

firstdesserts
04-04-09, 12:59 AM
Colorado Springs is just south (@ 60 miles) of Denver, Colorado. The latest forcast has the storm moving above and past us toward the northern midwest. Like they need that!

firstdesserts
04-04-09, 10:39 AM
...right in front of Pike's Peak (14,010ft) just to the left! No? You have to use Googlemaps! Near the elementary school on Chelton and Pike's Peak...

20trackedmind
04-04-09, 08:27 PM
I have been very busy this week and out and about. I walked 2 miles on thurs. and 2 miles on Weds. and that is about it. Back on the wii this week hopefully!

Good job everyone!

novagal
04-05-09, 10:30 AM
I just joined in on Tuesday, but did two half hour walks (with stairs) and lunges and hand weights. Then yesterday, I thought about some things that we usually pay our gardener extra to do like trimming some small trees and tall hedges, and realized that I could get some good physical activity in if I did it myself and save us some money in the process. So I did. I even did some of the neighbor's bushes etc. (with her blessings) Lots of ladder climbing, hauling stuff to the trash. I even swept rather than using the hose to clean off the patio and sidewalks. (it bothers me to waste the water anyway)

I never do the bigger stuff in the yard, usually just the smaller bushes and weeding etc. but it was way more interesting than plain excercise and felt empowering. Five hours passed in the blink of an eye.

And I'm feeling it today! But I sure slept good last night. :)

(does this stuff count? I figured it might since it was a conscious decision for the sake of being more active)

stef
04-05-09, 11:46 AM
Not much for me! I need like a note to get out of gym class - I have mega pollen allergies right now, since Tuesday. the zyrtec has completely knocked me out and I ate more than I should have unfortunately. Still walking to the train of course.

kettish
04-05-09, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone! I don't know if I have to join first or what, but here I am. Lol.

I started running this week; Friday I ran 20 min and today I ran 20 min. I'm thinking my shoes might be wrong for me though, I've got some good ankle and knee soreness going on right now. Hm. :eyebrow:

Next week I'm planning on running three days, hiking at least once, and having a rest day. The other two days are sort of wide open. o.o

firstdesserts
04-05-09, 09:49 PM
Go! Kettish, Go! Yeah, please make sure you don't hurt yourself with the wrong shoes. I tried it and you won't be liking it!

kettish
04-07-09, 11:29 AM
Turns out I may have an overtraining issue going on as well. I'm going to try the "Couch to 5k" walk to run program and if I still have issues I'll go switch out my shoes. :P Silly me, should've known!

justcallmedorie
04-07-09, 12:00 PM
Turns out I may have an overtraining issue going on as well. I'm going to try the "Couch to 5k" walk to run program and if I still have issues I'll go switch out my shoes. :P Silly me, should've known!
Join us here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62261) if you haven't already...

I'm on Week 6 of C25K, feel free to "join" me. Haven't been out yet this week - weather is back to suck, will hit it tomorrow morning.

kettish
04-07-09, 10:56 PM
Hi Dorie, thanks! I'm going to get started on that next week, give myself a chance to rest up this week since I don't want to go from overtraining to regular training with no rest between, lol.