View Full Version : Do you guys embrace your A.D.D? Or do you dwell on it?

tasty-man
04-06-09, 11:26 PM
Everyone has their own opinion on this question. I for one love it. It gives me a humorous personality and a ton of creativity.

dololly
04-07-09, 10:42 PM
I embrace my ADD on some days, but feel cursed on others. I am glad I have ADD when I can multitask and my boss can't cause he is OCD. On the flip side, I do not like ADD and wish I was "normal". I think it is a give and take.

stillfightin
04-07-09, 10:45 PM
used to dread it - now its embraced.

ODLS1
04-07-09, 11:41 PM
I hate it. I'm not even creative.

Ad(h?)dChris
04-12-09, 01:36 AM
it gives me a childish manner which attracts people to me initially
but mostly i effing hate my ADD and my dependency on Adderall

qhcowgirl
04-12-09, 02:41 AM
I embrace it until I have to write a paper or study. Then I dread it.

scarygreengiant
04-12-09, 02:45 AM
I would like to say I do neither. I see ADHD as a genetic/biological malfunction rather than a gift so obviously I'm not embracing it. But at the same time I try not to dwell on it either. Basically, I just try my best to live a full life without letting the ADHD define who I am.

Snooze
04-12-09, 03:17 AM
Embrace it with every muscle in my body!
Even though, it makes my teacher and parents hate me somehow, since I always manage to loose/forget things etc.

spiffeh.mary
04-12-09, 05:09 PM
It's a love-hate thing. I love how I'm unique and have lots of quirky things about me, but I hate being forgetful and how I can't concentrate...
:/

darkland8
04-14-09, 09:31 PM
i embrace it... untill it comes to anything that comes to school (except English class!) then i just want it to go away...

bird88
04-16-09, 05:43 PM
Love it cause, of the hyper focus,creativity and insight that seems to come with it.
Hate it for making me feel alien amongst the unrecognizable calm of the world

ADHDKylee
04-16-09, 10:32 PM
Both. I love having a lot of energy. But sometimes I hit myself in the head and say Why did I not think before I did that? I could have avoided that fight had it not been for my impulsive actions and choices.. I also hate it when I can't concentrate or people make fun of it, and I hate medication. At the same time I agree with what someone else here also said, that it's hard to embrace or hate it because it is just a nuerological condition. I wish it would go away sometimes, but I try to just live with it

Michiko74
04-20-09, 09:28 PM
Hmm.. I think I do embrace my ADHD. But that doesn't always mean I enjoy having ADHD.