View Full Version : Fishing?

Johnnny
04-11-09, 09:47 AM
Anyone else out there in the crazy world also go fishing?

For me its a good time to relax and gather my thoughts... Sure the excitement for the sport is there, but for me its more of a relaxation thing for me.

Its also a good "one two" if your cooking anything you catch after... :)

Ive taken my love for fishing to the next level, ive learned alot about fishing ecosystems through reading but even more through personal experience. Although i never taken biology in school, when im out fishing i know my stuff :)

My favorite fish to catch are: Northern Pike (Jackfish), Walleye (Pickeral), Salmon, Bass, Smelts, and if im really bored perch and sunfish...

I dont fish for lake trout anymore because they are severly overfished in FMZ 10 of Ontario...

I found this sport especially rewarding when you know other people to go with...

ANyone else on board? :D

rollingstone88
04-14-09, 03:07 PM
I love fishing myself. You're right about it being relaxing. I love fishing for channel cats late at night and early in the morning. Wish there was walleye were I live but no such luck. I'd love to go up to Canada one day and drop a few lines.

mADD mike
04-14-09, 06:40 PM
I love to fish too. In fact, I went twice last weekend. Even if I never caught a thing, just sitting out on a quiet lake is relaxing and calms my otherwise overactive mind. Hmmmmm......., maybe I'll go tomorrow, if the weather is decent and I have time.

I usually just catch a lot of panfish, like bluegill and crappie, but last year I had fun going for cats, and caught two huge cats (for me). Biggest fish I've ever caught.

Fishing is a wonderful way to calm and focus the mind, and just relax.

ginniebean
04-14-09, 06:42 PM
There's nothing like fishing to relax you... and cooking them up later is a treat. Mostly rainbow trout around here.