View Full Version : Xanax ugh

BushidoSamurai
04-15-09, 07:28 PM
Made me feel gone and zombie like.

Xeon
04-15-09, 08:55 PM
Made me feel like I was in happy land.....and nothing mattered.

hsoJ
04-15-09, 09:52 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind feeling gone right now. I hate the feeling of sitting in bed while my wife sleeps... and its ONLY 10pm.

GoingToShibuya
05-23-09, 06:35 PM
Hope this is relevant to you...

You know, with Xanax (or really all benzodiazepines) it's all a slippery slope. First time I tried Klonopin, even at prescribed low doses, it felt like as if someone really put a limit on how fast I could think and it seemed to make my ADHD medication extremely less effective the next day. I am guessing because of the half life duration, please correct me if I am wrong.

I remember getting a script for Xanax, I told the psych that if he were to give me can benzo for my problem, I want it to be the smallest prescribed and one with a short half life. I mean come on, 18–50 hours!? for a half life of Klonopin/Clonazepam? It seemed like it really took me a couple/few days to "get back to normal” with all the head-fogginess that came with lethargy, even a depression that I couldn’t really describe, after the initial noticeable psychoactive duration of whatever you’re prescribed it for. I don't think am not alone on this, I've read countless other posts and talked to a couple friends of mine about it who say the exact same thing about it!

But I digress, back to Xanax. You just have to watch it, I grew up in a town and school (Malibu of all places) where Xanax was a real problem (cocaine was second, you could probably guess why). Fortunately, I never got into recreational use (since in my teen years the anxiety I had back then was treatable by more simpler ways) but I did see close 5 friends get sent to rehab for it and they had very a hard physical addiction (I never knew withdrawal could lead to possible seizure or possible death if not treated right) to it and it was pretty heartbreaking to even see them through that, since these were my child hood friends. That feeling of zombie dead feeling or being empty headed means (at least to me) that you should ask your self if the side effects are worth it and maybe even possibly ask your doctor about alternatives (assuming you haven’t done that). Good luck man!

muldoon
05-25-09, 01:50 AM
Benzos work different for everybody. If you have horrible anxiety and cannot think outside of your head, a benzo can stop those channels of thought and allow you to focus outwardly. Xanax XR helps me in this way. Klonopin was akin to being thrown into a pit of quicksand and wet tar, both mentally & physically.

For the people who do benefit from Klonopin, the long half life is an added bonus. They have less dosing and a more consistent anxiolytic effect. Unfortunately for me, it obliterated the benefits of my Dexedrine, put up mental roadblocks, and drained all my physical energy. I gave it a week to improve, which it failed to do.