View Full Version : Friday 4/17 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
04-16-09, 08:46 PM
So, how was your week?

Myself, I have just been swamped with the new business gig that I got, and a host of other business things. I'm sad to report no real exercise, other than the cleaning of houses that we do on a regular basis. I've been worn out, just trying to keep up with life.

On a positive and completely unrelated note, my new gig with the local AAA baseball team has given me some unexpected perks. This Saturday is Thunder Over Louisville (google it and check out some pics), a huge kickoff for the Kentucky Derby festivities. It consists of a huge air show, and one of, if not the, largest fireworks displays in the country.

Well, the stadium for the baseball team is down on the riverfront. So, my wife and I got free tickets, and 2 extra free tickets that I'm using to take my parents to the game. Additionally, I got a parking pass for the stadium, so I should get great parking. There will also be a baseball game to attend, and after the game we've been invited down to the clubhouse to meet the players, take a tour, and eat some food that will be provided. We can watch the fireworks from the dugout if we want.

I'll have all kinds of pics, which I'll post sometime after I get back. We're so excited, as none of us have ever been to Thunder. We've all seen it on television, but it kind of wreaks of stimulation overload for us ADDers, and my anxiety. Somehow this isn't freaking me out like it normally would, probably because of how cool it all is with the perks we're getting. Once I'm there in the middle of several hundred thousand people watching everything, and watching a baseball game while an air show is going on overhead, and being expected to talk to people and make small talk, I may be in trouble, but until then, I'm excited.

Maybe being excited about it will burn a few calories, lol.

cwatca
04-17-09, 09:15 AM
I'm sad to report no real exercise, other than the cleaning of houses that we do on a regular basis. I've been worn out, just trying to keep up with life.

I haven't really exercised either, unless you count jumping on our trampoline a few times. Other than that, I haven't been back to the gym yet, and I've only been on my Wii Fit I think once or twice this week.

On a positive and completely unrelated note, my new gig with the local AAA baseball team has given me some unexpected perks. This Saturday is Thunder Over Louisville (google it and check out some pics), a huge kickoff for the Kentucky Derby festivities. It consists of a huge air show, and one of, if not the, largest fireworks displays in the country.

I'll have all kinds of pics, which I'll post sometime after I get back. We're so excited, as none of us have ever been to Thunder. We've all seen it on television, but it kind of wreaks of stimulation overload for us ADDers, and my anxiety. Somehow this isn't freaking me out like it normally would, probably because of how cool it all is with the perks we're getting. Once I'm there in the middle of several hundred thousand people watching everything, and watching a baseball game while an air show is going on overhead, and being expected to talk to people and make small talk, I may be in trouble, but until then, I'm excited.

Maybe being excited about it will burn a few calories, lol.

I love fireworks. It's cool that you get to go to this. Can't wait for the pics.

If you're excited about this, maybe try jumping up and down, that will help burn some calories. ;)

Whenever I get my little spurts of energy, I feel like I want to run around or jump around and I do. I either go around the house or take my dog outside and run outside with him

stef
04-17-09, 11:57 AM
wow nothing good to report and I feel I've gained a little weight back.
Actually i did 5 min of exercise last night because my husband bought a new exercise mat (he has to do back exercises). heh well I did lose some of my sanity this week! too bad it's weightless
I would be excited about the fireworks too that's great!
And there's just so much going on you can kind of wander around in case of ADD meltdown.

novagal
04-18-09, 10:47 AM
I had a good week with my excercise. I met my goal of doing them three days, and was able to increase the number of lunges I did by ten plus I added weights. I find I need to be mindful of even the smallest improvements to keep me motivated. It's funny, because I'm noticing even doing things around the house are taking less effort, when I didn't notice they took effort before. It's been a slow and easy slip into letting myself become much less active than I used to be. So I feel encouraged at even the little differences.

I'm intrigued by this Wii fit thing - I'll have to ask about that on the other thread.....

Mike I think that's so exciting! You get rockstar parking, get to watch the game plus you get to go behind the scenes, that's just really cool. I love fireworks, and have never seen a really big display execpt for on tv, and I haven't been to an air show in years - I used to go with my dad every year - I miss doing that. I'll bet you do just great and really enjoy yourselves. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

Holy cow - I just checked out the Thunder website, you're not kidding - that's some serious fireworks action!

20trackedmind
04-19-09, 10:58 PM
no real exercise here either:( I have been so busy. Next week will be better I hope.

kettish
04-20-09, 01:26 AM
Been househunting. My only real exercise was when my POS car broke down, a cop gave me a ride to a gast station-and made me walk back! 2 miles, with a gallon and a half of gasoline, in flip flops...my shins and calves were burning the next day so bad! LOL.

Hoping to move the 27th and start working out again shortly thereafter. :)

justcallmedorie
04-23-09, 10:50 AM
Better late than never. Been swamped at work and stupid computer at home is being bad again - it will be getting reformatted again in the next few days. On the bright side, I've at least got something to report...

4-11: hiked in the woods at the farm with dog & hubby
4-13: ran intervals
4-14: did some resistance training (made me think about joining the gym again...we'll see!)
4-15: ran 2.1 miles
4-16: ran 2.1 miles