View Full Version : first time on desoxyn

jgb92660
04-20-09, 11:47 PM
after trying all of them (including the dreaded cylert and the $1,200 per month Vyvance), I am back on desoxyn after 12 years. First dose in the a.m. From what I remember, desoxyn is the smoothest of them all. any comments/advice?:cool:

mbm1512
04-29-09, 09:51 PM
Me too. I took it the past 2 months in an effort to rid myself of the side effects I get from Adderall. Although definitely the smoothest, it gives me the least amount of positive (anti-adhd) results. After 2 months on it, I honestly started having trouble with my short term memory. It's definitely the best experience I've had with an adhd med (least side effects) but doesn't help me focus nor relieves me from my extreme impulsivity. I'm back on Adderall (since its finals week AHHH!) but maybe it'll get another chance later. The problem was it just helped me focus more on the things I spend time focusing on while not on any meds, and didn't help me build motivation to take on tasks which I personally have trouble doing because I find them "boring" or "unstimulating." But good luck with it, noones the same, thats why so many options exist.

mbm1512
04-29-09, 09:57 PM
oh, and btw... you should go buy L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP. They are both precursors to the neurotransmitters that Desoxyn effects, and taking them takes the stress it takes your brain to produce them off of your body. Desoxyn is a chemically damaging drug potentially. So do whatever you can to take care of your body. Make sure to eat well too. I'm not doc, but I promise it'll help.

Yellow
05-19-09, 12:24 AM
do any of you, or do any of oyu know anyone on desoxyn who also is treated with an SNRI or SSRI?