View Full Version : Reauthorization of IDEA for 2003

webqueen62
04-09-03, 11:39 PM
Is anyone else very confused by all the hubub surrounding this situation. The whole "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" thing has kinda left me behind :D. I am receiving all kinds of emails requesting that I send off emails to my legislators on this, but I am not sure where I should even stand on the issue?

My angle on this may be skewed since my issue is that I have a child that has been identified as gifted, but still needs a 504, and with recent news, may actually eventually need/and or qualify for an IEP.

Is anyone on the forum more conversant on this subject, so that we all know which emails to fire off and which ones to just dump into the trash bin?

Andrew
04-10-03, 09:37 AM
Here's the U.S House of Representative's Website (http://edworkforce.house.gov/issues/108th/education/idea/idea.htm) on the topic.

webqueen62
04-10-03, 01:31 PM
Yep, had that. :D

Was more looking for someone who can help us all understand better in lay terms what we should be looking for or reacting against.

Anyone?

THANKS!!!!!!!

Andrew
04-10-03, 02:34 PM
I figured YOU had it...but since you brought it up, I thought I would share the goodies with the rest of the class ;) lol