View Full Version : oh god... this floor protection mat...

γ-quantum
04-23-09, 06:07 PM
ok, this is really bad.
i got a new flat and inside it, a new carpet. i dont want to destroy it with my office cheer (has wheels), so i got this plastic floor protection mat today.

it's driving me crazy, when i slide over it with my foot, its smooth, but when i slow down, my foot comes to a sudden stop as the mat feels 'sticky'. i know its not dirty and i know this is to prevent me from constantly sliding off it with the chair, too, but it's driving me NUTS. i keep sliding over it with my feet, just to be disgusted at the feeling when it sticks again.

grrr. dunno if i can keep this damn mat.
maybe im just overreating from rebound s**t due to coming off mph, i really hope i can get used to it ffs.

SuzzanneX
04-23-09, 06:31 PM
LMAO!

........GOOD LUCK!

sincerely.

firstdesserts
04-23-09, 07:39 PM
Been there too!

olavia
04-24-09, 08:17 AM
LOL! I can relate to this!!

stef
04-24-09, 10:08 AM
maybe you could find some kind of an inexpensive fabric mat or square of carpet instead?
I switched desks at work once and inherited one of those plastic things, I HATED it. got rid of it after 1 week.

γ-quantum
04-24-09, 10:15 AM
maybe you could find some kind of an inexpensive fabric mat or square of carpet instead?

thanks, thats actually quite a good idea... maybe a hemp mat, that seems to be the most enduring fabric. i'm still trying to get used to it though, i mean, i spent money on it. :(

it's working rather okay so far, i seem to be able to ignore it mostly while on ritalin... hmmm. we'll see, but i'll keep your tip in mind. ;)

kello2005
04-30-09, 12:40 PM
I do this in the bathtub. I clean it so well...kind of compulsively well...but I still feel like it's dirty!!
I can't stand letting my calves touch the bottom of the tub - it feels slimy and gross. So what do I do? I rub my calves on the bottom and then get grossed out!! Normally once I'm aware of how gross it feels, I have to get out...greeeat.

I totally get your need to keep touching the mat just to feel the inkiness. What about putting on socks?

γ-quantum
04-30-09, 01:38 PM
I totally get your need to keep touching the mat just to feel the inkiness. What about putting on socks?

i had socks on... :(
i noticed its okay with shoes (slippers) on, though.
and i dont really focus on it so much anymore, especially on ritalin...

hmm, as for you, there are those anti-slip-mats you can put in bathtubs and showers... think such mat could help you with your bathtub problem?

Carissa
05-21-09, 03:29 AM
Sorry about your floor mat, I had to laugh because RUGS gross me out, we are all so different, and yet the same! *LOL*

SuzzanneX
05-21-09, 07:19 PM
rugs lie!

stef
05-22-09, 04:58 AM
ha I thought of this thread yesterday - new neighbors are remodelling the apartment next to ours - so they thoughtfully taped down some plastic in the hallway. YUK. it's all kind of sticky. YUK every morning because I keep forgetting!

Heckerz
10-02-09, 06:28 AM
if the mat is made out of PVC its crap i used to have a PVC mat and it was rubbish i use a polycarbon for my office a home and i never slip when wearing socks.

i got it from a company called floortex and i bought it from a online suplier of there products. floor-protect.com

best investment ive ever made

NeuroParty
10-02-09, 09:56 AM
ROFLMAO. I love this thread. I absolutely relate. Down with sticky matts!!!

Raspberrynoodle
10-03-09, 11:17 PM
I just got sticky mats for going on top of the carpet in the bathroom we are using for the next 5 weeks... sticky mats beat damp carpet!