View Full Version : What happens in therapy? Any success stories?

superstressed
04-27-09, 04:10 PM
I have an appointment with a psychologist on May 7, 2009. This is my first session EVER, and I have no idea what to expect. I suffer from depression, anxiety, ADD, anger and emotional eating issues. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into and I pray that I find a solution to the problems that plague me. Any positive input would be greatly appreciated.

Carissa
04-27-09, 06:45 PM
First and most important---- You must go in with an open mind and know that the Dr.-Patient relationship may or may not work out for you with the first person you see!!! It is very important to feel the potential for a bond of trust with your Dr.
Sometimes it doesn't work out. I am not trying to scare you,it is important that you know this because....
*now the good news:)*
When it is good it is PURE MAGIC!!!!!!
A good Dr. that you trust will help you open doors inside of you that you had long forgotten about. The sessions become food for your mind and spirit!
Your sessions will be an exiting time for you that will keep you thinking, feeling, and exploring much of the time between sessions!
After time you will have breakthroughs!
These are when you figure things out and remember who you really are "deep-inside"!
If meds are part of your therapy- it must be right. If you for whatever reason don't like a med , Tell your Dr. at once!
Don't expect your doctor to remember every detail of your life. Or give you easy answers. The trust and the caring are what's most important:)
A good Dr.-patient relationship gives you a safe place to open up.
Good Luck To You!!!!