View Full Version : A day for me.( I'm 7th grade.)

Im Jason
05-02-09, 10:06 PM
I concentrate for 5 min then I start day dreaming 10 min later I realize I was day dreaming and 10 min has past and try to concentrate. (process repeats itself.) now, it's funny because my best friend has adhd phi and evryone likes him but hate me. So, at recess while of course, I'm sitting still unaware it's recess people come over and say stop day dreaming your such a looser. I give a punch I regret later and they go to my friend and say how is he your friend he just shrugs it off. Now, in fourth grade and fifth I was Pluto boy because I "lived" there. In camp I'm an alien looking at home. And now i'm just a looser.

Anyone feel similar?

PS I am not diagnosed but my friend and I think I should be.

rollingstone88
05-02-09, 10:29 PM
Hey, don't get so down on yourself and think you're a loser. A lot of what you said reminds me of when I was that age. (I'm 21 now) Don't worry about what other people say or call you, people at that age tend to be cruel. (especially if their insecure about themselves) Do your parents know about your daydreaming and trouble concentrating? If they don't you should probably talk to them about it. Maybe they can help you. If there's anything you want to talk about feel free to ask, me and the rest of us here know what it's like and we can help. Just remember to keep your head up, you sound like a very intelligent young man.

kwalk
05-02-09, 10:48 PM
Man, I remember being the kid like this in middle school and I know how hard it must be. Your going to have some great years ahead of you dealing your issues now :D

Im Jason
05-02-09, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys. Alot.

rollingstone88
05-02-09, 11:27 PM
Hey man, no problem. If you need anything just ask away.

y00ch
05-03-09, 12:23 AM
Guess what bro. Normal human attention span is about 2-3 seconds. So its absolutely normal. The one thing I would think about before pursuing a diagnosis is to really try to figure out if your experiencing dysfunction. Its not a disorder until you've established that you can't function like everyone else in your class (bad social relationships, bad mood, remembering homework, finishing homework, impulsiveness, etc.)

cheers. and your young and full of potential!

sarey
05-03-09, 03:17 AM
I'm combined, you sound more like ADHD without the H... inattenive type... I hope you see a doc soon about it and find answers, it isn't always ADD/ADHD, but whatever the cause, goodluck.

Im Jason
05-03-09, 10:46 AM
Yooch, I already do have bad social life. Ok, so I am suffering. And also I am ... Forgot
Sorry

Im Jason
05-03-09, 10:53 AM
Remembered! This is it: sarey I wish sometimes I was hyperactive because my best friend is and all like him not me though

sarey
05-03-09, 10:55 AM
Hmm, I wouldn't wish it. I'm sure he wishes he wasn't so hyperactive. It can look all good, but for someone who has it, it isn't as good as it may seem.

kwalk
05-03-09, 12:45 PM
ya I've met many hyperactives- they're usually just the opposite of you, all your hyperactivity and random crazy thoughts are inward in your head, while they cannot control those thoughts and every single one comes out and never shuts up. I find a lot of people like me more because I don't talk and am really nice when I do, atleast they treat me like a human being.

sarey
05-03-09, 02:12 PM
Some are hyperactive/impulsive type, some are inattentive, some are combined. I'm combined so I understand what it's like on both corners. But don't wish to be any type, everyone with ADHD/ADD has their struggles, so don't wish it upon yourself. It may seem better because he's more liked, but I doubt he likes being the way he is.

Im Jason
05-03-09, 04:14 PM
Kwalk just know; I don't shut up about things in my head and when I'm insulted I DO go punching people... Just like my friend. Except people hate me because I'm not hyperactive and I just sit through evrything and keep it all to myself while my friend just dances and jumps it out. Now, I do blab about evrything like my friend (disadvantage like poop) but my friend doesnt daydream like me, he is hyperactive. I prefer to not go jumping every where but if I don't get bullied then it's worth it. The last line was pretty much my point you can ignore other parts I guess

sarey
05-03-09, 04:21 PM
He cannot help jumping about, how you say, just like you cannot help daydreaming.

stef
05-03-09, 04:28 PM
ok I'm 40 & inattentive and I remember HATING middle school. rough years. I think inattentive girls can just blend in/get lost so I suppose inattentive guys, that must be harder. you're smarter than lots of them & someday it will be to your advantage.

Im Jason
05-03-09, 04:30 PM
Exactly! What you said, sarey, except I'd rather switch or even have both as longcas I don't get made fun of.

P.S. Why couldn't I narrow it down like that?

sarey
05-03-09, 05:15 PM
Hmm, well, would you want someone to have the ADHD type you have? To struggle like you do? Try and think of how it feels like for him. He struggles, too. All those with ADHD/ADD struggle. It may look better to be hyperactive/impulsive or combined but it really isn't. It's just as a struggle as it is to be inattentive. Try to bare this in mind.

Im Jason
05-03-09, 05:26 PM
I'll take it from you but I mean it's worth it because at least I won't get made fun of... But yes, I understand

Im Jason
05-03-09, 05:27 PM
Oh and btw what's gad

sarey
05-03-09, 06:48 PM
Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I have many anxiety disorders, common alongside ADD/ADHD.

Spaced_In
06-20-09, 11:09 PM
i thought this was a teens post not adults. And ADD and ADHD are exactly the same thing, ADD isn't ADHD without hyperactivity, it's the same thing it's just a shorter name for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.