View Full Version : Did any of you have a Coleco Adam computer in the 80's????

Old School MBD
05-04-09, 06:02 PM
My computer as a teenager was a Coleco Adam (by the Colecovision people)

It had the most powerful processor available at the time...... a whole whopping 80k!!!!!!! (vs. 64k for Apple and others)
It had really good games, with no pause in the action for the game to load, and was the first system to allow you to save your game/high scores.

I also used it to go "on-line" before the internet was public (we had phone lists, like the movie WARGAMES)

Anyone else have or had an adam?

FinallyAnswered
05-04-09, 06:41 PM
My computer as a teenager was a Coleco Adam (by the Colecovision people)

It had the most powerful processor available at the time...... a whole whopping 80k!!!!!!!

I'd have to upgrade to get a Coleco Adam....or even a Commodore 64...:cool:

:D

2puzzledparents
05-11-09, 10:42 AM
Ahhh. the trusty Commode...err Commodore.. Still have one.. a 64c (redesigned case from C64) Great games... Mule..Caveman Ughlympics(especiall the firemaking event) , Racing destruction set.. Zork... .

Ahhh and the sound of 1200 Bps modems hokking up... and dialup BBS's

2puzzledparents
05-11-09, 10:45 AM
OH and the Atari 800! I was taought basic computin g on a tandy TRS80 and TI-99a's

EshkaronsEngine
12-03-10, 04:01 PM
OH and the Atari 800! I was taought basic computin g on a tandy TRS80 and TI-99a's
OMFG I had both the Adam and Atari 800. Me an my bro used to type in computer games from Compute Magazine. I loved the Adam's whirring fast loading cassette drive, it really made me feel like it was coming alive. I used to print essays for school while all the rest of the class were writing theirs by hand. Good memories thanks for the thread.

Abi
12-03-10, 04:40 PM
I had a Sinclair Spectrum (British thingie) in the late 80s when I was like 6...

Illiterati
12-03-10, 05:08 PM
We had a Trash 80...

I'd program MUDs in BASIC.

Meh.

metzfanaz
12-03-10, 11:10 PM
Ahhh. the trusty Commode...err Commodore.. Still have one.. a 64c (redesigned case from C64) Great games... Mule..Caveman Ughlympics(especiall the firemaking event) ,

Awesome game! My other favorites on the C64 were Spy vs. Spy and Micro League Baseball. Would play those for days on end.

EshkaronsEngine
12-03-10, 11:17 PM
Awesome game! My other favorites on the C64 were Spy vs. Spy and Micro League Baseball. Would play those for days on end.
I was so envious of u guys who had the C64. By the time that came out computers went personal and business in a big way and my dad stopped buying us them. I would go over to a friends house and was amazed at how many games and a lot free I think there were. I liked the Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird basketball game quite alot.

metzfanaz
12-04-10, 12:04 AM
I was so envious of u guys who had the C64. By the time that came out computers went personal and business in a big way and my dad stopped buying us them. I would go over to a friends house and was amazed at how many games and a lot free I think there were. I liked the Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird basketball game quite alot.

I played that, that was fun.

We had a group of 6 or 7 of us in the neighborhood that would get games and copy them. Then a friend of a friend would be able to make disks with a menu and 20 or so games on it, it was epic. They'd bring them over to my house with disks and we'd just copy and play games all freaking day.

Mr. Nibble was the copy program, back then it was the shizzle