View Full Version : Friday 5/22/09 GFC Results Thread

justcallmedorie
05-21-09, 06:46 PM
Alrighty then. If nobody else is going to step up to the plate I guess I'll just have to...Don't everybody shove me out of the way in your haste to do this.:p I'll have to figure out how to make it "sticky" I guess too!

Post away. I've only exercised three days this week. Been kind of tired, a little more sleep wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

Monday the 18th I walked (ok, staggered is more like it) 2 miles with Max in the morning, then took a very brisk 2.9 mile walk at lunch. I managed to fall stepping up a curb in beautiful downtown Charleston. Nothing hurt except my pride. Well, I sort of "stoved" both my arms and they've been extremely sore and barely useable this week, but other than that, nothing was broke or anything. Have you guys figured out I'm a clutz yet? Tuesday the 19th I managed to run ~2.25 miles. It felt good. I didn't go to the gym as my arms just weren't up to it. I didn't do anything yesterday, just felt kind of "blah" all day. Got up this morning, hit the pavement with a bang for about a mile and a half and ended with a whimper. Didn't have the energy to finish.:( I was very upset with myself, but am learning as I get older to give myself a break! I walked to the gym at lunch (1:15 p.m.) for two reasons: 1) I wanted to see just how long it took - right at 5 minutes; and 2) I wanted to see how crowded the weight room was at that time - completely empty - YAY, I'm going to start going at lunch instead of mornings and see if that causes me a little less stress...

This weekend I hope to get at least 95% finished with our lovely bathroom project. At least enough to get the floor down and the washer & dryer hooked back up. Then maybe I can find the rest of my house - LOL.

firstdesserts
05-21-09, 07:13 PM
Way to go, Dorie! Uh, same as usual - 5-6 times a week walking for an hour around the lake. Except now I run for the last 8 minutes. I know I look like I'm struggling, but it is now starting to feel pretty good. While I was crossing the concrete walkway to avoid other pedestrians, I tripped and fell. Ouch! Bloodied a hand and knee - but the egg timer I was holding (to clock run time) is still in one piece!

justcallmedorie
05-21-09, 07:20 PM
Way to go, Dorie! Uh, same as usual - 5-6 times a week walking for an hour around the lake. Except now I run for the last 8 minutes. I know I look like I'm struggling, but it is now starting to feel pretty good. While I was crossing the concrete walkway to avoid other pedestrians, I tripped and fell. Ouch! Bloodied a hand and knee - but the egg timer I was holding (to clock run time) is still in one piece!
I'm really sorry you fell, but I AM glad to know I'm not the only one. Just the only one who does it on a fairly regular basis.:( I think walking around a lake sounds divine.

firstdesserts
05-21-09, 07:32 PM
I think walking around a lake sounds divine.

It is very helpful motivation (w/14,000ft. of Pike's Peak in the background)! Plus there are plenty of regulars who are workin' it too!

I should post photos!

justcallmedorie
05-21-09, 07:34 PM
It is very helpful motivation (w/14,000ft. of Pike's Peak in the background)! Plus there are plenty of regulars who are workin' it too!

I should post photos!
Yes you should!

novagal
05-22-09, 10:51 AM
Yay Dorie!! :D Thanks for doing this!

It's been a weenie week for me. I seem to be crashing and burning after an extremely intense five month push with work and school. The fact that it's gray and drizzly every morning hasn't helped. It's almost June for gosh sakes! Okay, I'm done whining.

I walked twice so far, and did weights once. But I still have today and tomorrow.....

justcallmedorie
05-22-09, 12:34 PM
Yay Dorie!! :D Thanks for doing this!

It's been a weenie week for me. I seem to be crashing and burning after an extremely intense five month push with work and school. The fact that it's gray and drizzly every morning hasn't helped. It's almost June for gosh sakes! Okay, I'm done whining.

I walked twice so far, and did weights once. But I still have today and tomorrow.....
Hey, something is better than nothing, right? Besides, that's 3 "exercisings" after all!:)