View Full Version : pmdd not resolved after 15 years!!

haydreamer
05-27-09, 04:10 AM
Hi all,

I would love your advice on how to ease PMDD symptons, I am severely effected every 2 weeks of the month with awful mood swings, depression, low self esteem, apathy, no motivation, I can't work on some of these days, I can't concentrate on reading, hobbies I enjoy. It is irritating me and if I wasn't able to work on agency, I'd be fired by now for taking so many days off.

I have spent years buying vitamin pills, hynotheraphy, acupuncture even chinese medicine, but nothing seems to ease the symptons, I found B6 was horrible and gave me tingles and depression.

I have been recently diagnosed with moderate ADHD and have started taking Concerta XL 18mg and have been on Zoloft for 1 year 50 mg. I find all the meds I've been on do not touch PMS/PMDD.

Please can I have some suggestions, as it's driving me mad!!

Thanks x

Lala LG
05-29-09, 01:49 PM
Hey have you tried birth control pills. I just started last month because I just realized I was having pmdd. And my symptoms did go a lot smoother. Will see how it continues.

HelpB
05-29-09, 09:09 PM
You know, you are the first person I've heard about vitamins and tingling. I used to take a B-Complex. I get the same thing you are describing. I notice that my limbs fall asleep (pins/needle feeling) at night too. You would think that the B6 would improve circulation.

haydreamer
05-30-09, 02:48 AM
Thanks Lala, Help, seems I need to find a cure for everthing at the moment, ADHD, Pms! I like the idea of birth control pills, I'll see what my doc says:)

Tralalala
05-30-09, 10:54 AM
I read that Wellbutrin may help with PMDD. I don't know if it can be given with the meds you are currently taking though. I just started on Wellbutrin myself, 5 days ago. Ever since I went through 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilization), I have PMDD just like you describe. I am hopefull that the WB will help. It sucks to lose 2 weeks a month!! I sympathize with your struggle. All the best to you!