View Full Version : Friday 6/5/09 GFC Results Thread

justcallmedorie
06-04-09, 07:13 PM
Ok kids, tell me all about your exercise for the past week. I'll have to post mine tomorrow, kinda busy at the moment, but thought I'd best pop in and get this up and running before I forgot...:p

20trackedmind
06-05-09, 10:51 AM
Well, we where sick this week so not so much exercise this week. I did go to the park on Thurs. and am going again today for my standard 2 mile wagon pull. It is going to be in the high 90s this week with humitity so I figure it is time to pull out the wii again.

justcallmedorie
06-08-09, 04:18 PM
Well, we where sick this week so not so much exercise this week. I did go to the park on Thurs. and am going again today for my standard 2 mile wagon pull. It is going to be in the high 90s this week with humitity so I figure it is time to pull out the wii again.
Oh yes, high 90s, high humidity makes Dorie feel sick at her stomach just thinking about it! Wii sounds like a wonderful alternative!

Here's my pitiful report:

Monday the 1st - ran intervals for ~1.5 miles
Tuesday the 2nd - ran intervals for ~2.25 miles
Thursday the 4th - ran intervals for ~2.4 miles

Ran them hard and fast, alas, haven't done so good since...

firstdesserts
06-08-09, 06:46 PM
Things weren't too peachy this week. I sort of hit "the wall." Even walking around the lake was painful, and I had to make a second attempt to finish up running. Took the weekend off exercise - so tired! I had increased my hydration and sleep - no help. I took a day off of Adderall yesterday. I think maybe that did it. I'll know in a few minutes when we go at it again this pm.

justcallmedorie
06-08-09, 09:04 PM
Things weren't too peachy this week. I sort of hit "the wall." Even walking around the lake was painful, and I had to make a second attempt to finish up running. Took the weekend off exercise - so tired! I had increased my hydration and sleep - no help. I took a day off of Adderall yesterday. I think maybe that did it. I'll know in a few minutes when we go at it again this pm.
I'm increasing my hydration as well and will try to increase sleep too. I've been drinking plenty of fluids, but it's mostly been peppermint tea, not plain water, so today I started back on plain water. 68 oz so far, probably another 8 here in a few minutes before I hit the bed. Can't hurt anyhow. Hope you feel better soon!

firstdesserts
06-09-09, 12:18 AM
I took a day off of Adderall yesterday.

THAT was it! Guess I can't get away without the weekly 'zombie day' (no meds).

justcallmedorie
06-09-09, 03:46 AM
I'm increasing my hydration as well and will try to increase sleep too. I've been drinking plenty of fluids, but it's mostly been peppermint tea, not plain water, so today I started back on plain water. 68 oz so far, probably another 8 here in a few minutes before I hit the bed. Can't hurt anyhow. Hope you feel better soon!
So much for broadcasting my good intentions. I closed my eyes at 10:15 and slept really great for 4 whole hours. Woke up at 2:15 and tried for an hour to get back to sleep, gave up and now I'm up. I'd like to say "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" but that would be wishful thinking. Oh well, I'll probably sleep pretty good tonight if I'll just GO TO BED AT A DECENT HOUR. I know 10 seems decent for most people, but most people don't get up between 4 & 4:30 either...right? Grump grump grump, grumble grumble grumble...

coolhand129
06-10-09, 08:41 AM
Sunday - 10.25 miles on road
Monday - 10.25 miles on the road
Tuesday 8.25 miles on treadmill & 1 hour spin class
Wednesday - off
Thursday - 10.25 miles on treadmill, 45 minute weight lifting.
Friday - 10.25 miles on the road

justcallmedorie
06-10-09, 12:51 PM
Sunday - 10.25 miles on road
Monday - 10.25 miles on the road
Tuesday 8.25 miles on treadmill & 1 hour spin class
Wednesday - off
Thursday - 10.25 miles on treadmill, 45 minute weight lifting.
Friday - 10.25 miles on the road
Alrighty then, my puny little 2+ miles seem totally insignificant now. :o I'd be happy right now to be able to actually run the whole 2+ miles, ideally I'm shooting for 5k on a steady basis.

DotwithADD
02-27-10, 12:19 AM
Well, I'mmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaack! I went to the dr on Wednesday and lost 6 lbs since Nov. Yeah, I know, I lost it very slowly, but I LOST it anyway. I can't say that I've really been exercising.. I try though. I do the "twist" for about 40 seconds.. vigorously.. I know that's not enough.. but try to do it everyday.

It all started in November when I had to have my blood sugar tested. It was a little too high, so I took my dr's advice to cut back on sugar and carbs and I did. I didn't think it would be easy (well, it wasn't during the holidays), but I went from a size 16 to a size 14 (jeans).. I still need to loose more weight, though.