View Full Version : ?????????

doiadhd
06-05-09, 10:38 PM
with all the meds going on in these forums i thought i,d be able to get some feed back!Is it just that everyone is pro drugs???????and wont say or read a bad word about em?sorry if i,m being a swear word but...................

BehindTheSofa
06-06-09, 02:37 PM
I don't think everyone is pro-drugs. I've read some posts where people hate the fact that they have to rely on a little pill to help with their ADHD. And there is also concern, especially in North America, that the abuse of ADHD meds creates problems for those that genuinely need them.

But it's Horses for Courses. Personally, after years of saying that I would never take any medication ever again (bad experience on a number of anti-depressants) I have reached a point where meds is really my only option. And for that I am very grateful.

I think your question is valid. There are a lot of threads about all the medications available, and that is a good thing. For instance, I don't know anyone who has ADHD let alone the medication I am taking, so by going to the right med section I know if I have a question or concern I can voice it there and someone will help me.

When you say that you were hoping to get some feedback, are you saying that no one has responded to a question? I notice that this is in the GB section, have you posted anywhere on the main board too. I've not been on this board for a few days so I might have missed it, sorry!

doiadhd
06-06-09, 03:21 PM
Thanks for that!I was freakin out a bit yesterday because i got given anti-depresents only 20mg of citalopram-but i refused to take it because of a number of reason and number of know it all docs.In the end i buckled after seeing 4 different doctors....so the last one understood how much i did,nt want them and prescribed 10mg......3 hours after i took one i had weird side effects instant and the next day my moods were all over the place-i perked up alright!
Are we supposed to take anti-depresents with no other meds?

I have to apolagise for yesterday because i was spouting off all over the place.....i realise everything you mentioned above-just not last night(for me)......so have stopped taking them until a doctor actually listens to me.

I must have wanted an instant answer-and i have to blame the ONE 10mg for it because i dont think i would have been taking it out on a forum as helpful and friendly as this one otherwise!

So sincerely sorry if anyone took offence......I was not myself!

Thanks for being so calm with me behindthesofa (hmm i dont remember that!)

BehindTheSofa
06-06-09, 03:56 PM
Good grief, don't worry about it!

It can be frightening the way one small tablet can affect us. I've had some terrible reactions to both the anti-depressants that I mentioned and to some of the ADHD meds I've trialed, although the funniest was when one lot of anti depressants affected my balance and I fell head first into one of those big open freezers (you know, the ones where the chips and peas are!) in Tesco. For a few seconds all the other shoppers could see was a pair of legs waving in the air!

You can mix SOME meds but not others. This website could be useful as guide for you, but don't rely on it as gospel without speaking to your GP:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

I would recommend that you read their disclaimer before you start as it protects you as well as them. Like I said it gives you an idea but don't act on it without professional advice.

Take it easy this weekend, if you can, and I would suggest to limit things like alcohol and cigarettes so that your body can recover properly from yesterday.

And yes, find a better GP!

doiadhd
06-06-09, 05:46 PM
:)funny if you find it funny:)when you climbed back out did you say 'The food is coolder down there'?(thanks for that imagery!)
the doctors have'nt even diagnosed me......i mentioned it last time and she smirked and said 'really...it's a long process!'(yeah!29 years(i say now))
You've been a great help for me today.....hope you've gained something from me....cant imagine what lol

smerila_6
06-06-09, 07:45 PM
It's not that I'm anti-drug but it sucks to know that your brain won't work with out this little pill. I never believed in adhd/add. Well when I went and took my test and they told me I had ADD, I started to cry. I was never a good student, I can do anything physically but studying...not happening. I have gotten thru life just trying a bit harder, I was never one not to try. I did feel like a failure when I was not included. I am a control freak on how things are done because my life exist on a routine, and things where they go. I would of never thought I was ADD. Now I feel worse....knowing I have it. I went back to school and could not remember or focus on my online course. I work fulltime, 4 kids in sports, and have a lot on my plate. So I got checked. Part of me feels like a failure that I can't do things with a pill. I am worse now than before.

smerila

with all the meds going on in these forums i thought i,d be able to get some feed back!Is it just that everyone is pro drugs???????and wont say or read a bad word about em?sorry if i,m being a swear word but...................

doiadhd
06-08-09, 04:13 PM
It's not that I'm anti-drug but it sucks to know that your brain won't work with out this little pill. I never believed in adhd/add. Well when I went and took my test and they told me I had ADD, I started to cry. I was never a good student, I can do anything physically but studying...not happening. I have gotten thru life just trying a bit harder, I was never one not to try. I did feel like a failure when I was not included. I am a control freak on how things are done because my life exist on a routine, and things where they go. I would of never thought I was ADD. Now I feel worse....knowing I have it. I went back to school and could not remember or focus on my online course. I work fulltime, 4 kids in sports, and have a lot on my plate. So I got checked. Part of me feels like a failure that I can't do things with a pill. I am worse now than before.

smerila
I know that/this feeling-i am so confused how it works and near enough exactly the same as you on this(just that circumstances have changed again!but this time i cant seem to get back up and at it again....just too many times.)My rant was out of context on this thread aswell because i was trying to get attention about a pill the doc gave me where i had the side effects after 3 hours after taking one! 10mg of citalopram when it is supposed to kick in after 3-4 weeks-was a bit worried .So i stormed the docs today while i was on one to get my point across(they were giving me a diagnosis of depression without blinking arh:rolleyes:).I,ve always felt/known i,ve tried harder than most especially with the physical aspects of life, i love football/soccer and i,m also a plasterer who loved art at school....but not all that at other subjects apart from writing.
Thankyou for your message!And i hope you get the satisfactions and fulfilments that we all deserve here(evenmoresoformeandyoulol:))

kattsqueen
06-08-09, 04:43 PM
I think we all here are functioning mostly in the here and now specially those of us that havent found our answers doiadd.. ( I dont think too many took offence at you )

eventhoughithinkikindadeservetofindmyanswertoo!!

katts

doiadhd
06-10-09, 10:46 AM
Thanksforthatiknewthateveryonecouldreaditifiwereto doacodeiwoulddothis:)lol

Cheerskattsx

doiadhd
06-10-09, 10:47 AM
I think we all here are functioning mostly in the here and now specially those of us that havent found our answers doiadd.. ( I dont think too many took offence at you )

eventhoughithinkikindadeservetofindmyanswertoo!!

katts
lololololollolololollllllllllllllllllll:D

BehindTheSofa
06-10-09, 01:50 PM
*applaudesandthrowsflowers*

kattsqueen
06-10-09, 02:18 PM
it took me several tries to get that right.lol

katts

doiadhd
06-10-09, 05:49 PM
it took me several tries to get that right.lol

katts
I found it quite easy,something fun!(but if you notice in my answer i accidently pressed the space bar lol)

Muchappreciated!queenskattsx

doiadhd
06-10-09, 05:53 PM
*applaudesandthrowsflowers*
bowsgracefullywhilstgettinghitinthefacebyflowers

Bravooncourocour
(dont know if my spelling is right there (the french word for carry on))

its quite hard putting spaces in now!!!!!!!!!!!really quite hard!lol

doiadhd
06-10-09, 05:58 PM
Thanks for that!I was freakin out a bit yesterday because i got given anti-depresents only 20mg of citalopram-but i refused to take it because of a number of reason and number of know it all docs.In the end i buckled after seeing 4 different doctors....so the last one understood how much i did,nt want them and prescribed 10mg......3 hours after i took one i had weird side effects instant and the next day my moods were all over the place-i perked up alright!
Are we supposed to take anti-depresents with no other meds?

I have to apolagise for yesterday because i was spouting off all over the place.....i realise everything you mentioned above-just not last night(for me)......so have stopped taking them until a doctor actually listens to me.

I must have wanted an instant answer-and i have to blame the ONE 10mg for it because i dont think i would have been taking it out on a forum as helpful and friendly as this one otherwise!

So sincerely sorry if anyone took offence......I was not myself!

Thanks for being so calm with me behindthesofa (hmm i dont remember that!)
behindthesofe-i,m not sure if you missed my joke or not?If you read the last sentence.....then the (in brackets part):D

BehindTheSofa
06-10-09, 07:05 PM
Hahahaha!

I can't believe I missed that - I thought you were being sarky about yourself and your first post. Bloody hell I can be dim sometimes!

doiadhd
06-11-09, 09:01 AM
no not at all.
i was in a completely different mood so its like its from another person-thats the problem with 'just words'.
icanbesodimallthetime :)