View Full Version : Mixing Vyvanse and Painkillers

Purewolf
06-09-09, 02:22 AM
Hi, I am currently prescribed 70mg vyvanse, which i take two times per day. One at about 8 in the morning and the second around 3pm. I just recently had some dental work and the doctor gave me a prescription for m360 vicodin
which im pretty sure are called Loratabs. They are 7.5mg of vicodin and 750mg of acetaminophen. I'm not sure if i want to mix these two togther, and advise, or similar expirienses in mixing Narcotic painkillers and vyvanse?
thanks for you help!

SkepticSeraph
08-28-09, 11:23 AM
NO!!!

My friend with ADD took 60MG of Vyvanse and 2 painkillers at once, he had a sezure.

I warn you, Take the Vyvance wait 45 minutes then take your painkillers, something with the amino acid activating the dextroaphetamine when taking pain killers caused a chemical reaction which almost killed my friend. :/

MADD_MEN
08-28-09, 11:37 AM
Hi, I am currently prescribed 70mg vyvanse, which i take two times per day. One at about 8 in the morning and the second around 3pm. I just recently had some dental work and the doctor gave me a prescription for m360 vicodin
which im pretty sure are called Loratabs. They are 7.5mg of vicodin and 750mg of acetaminophen. I'm not sure if i want to mix these two togther, and advise, or similar expirienses in mixing Narcotic painkillers and vyvanse?
thanks for you help!

I had to take vicodin not long ago while on my meds. I didn't have a problem, however, you should really ask your doctor. Didn't your doctor ask you if you were taking any other medications? They're supposed to ask this. Also, your pharmacist should know too.

Kiddder
08-28-09, 11:50 AM
Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet....all opiates.....I take them for my back periodically and initially they have the effect of "speeding" me up and making me very focused and motivated, but after about three days they have the opposite effect and tend to sedate me.

I could definately see and agree that taking both at the same time could be a problem...good advice above to call pharmacist and or doctor to be safe.....it'll only take a minute.

Kiddder
08-28-09, 11:57 AM
sorry....meant to add those opiates are hydracodone....a derivitive of codiene.

SkepticSeraph
08-28-09, 04:45 PM
lol my dramatic post, yea but my friend had a siezure so :P

Kiddder
08-28-09, 04:48 PM
#1 rule of thumb......consult trained expert (Doc or pharmasist) before combining any prescription medecines.