View Full Version : WARNING: dull path ahead...

alyxus.add
06-12-09, 11:31 AM
From the reseach that I have done over mental hospitals, insanity, and itroduction of biomedicine for the "mentally" ill (past and present) I have concluded:

**ANTIPSYCHOTICS (typical AND A-typical) are NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THE PATIENT PRESCRIBED, it is a "control method" (not intended to help necessarily those who need help but calm them for society's sake). Proof in the following in length....

A. Labotomy was clinically introduced in the 20's and used widely throught the US up until the mid 50's. This damaged the PreFrontal cortext of the human brain, which controlls the majority of independent thinking, cognition, emotions, and so forth and also is the home of neurotransmittion. This was a way to "tame" the schizophrenic patients [and other disturbed patients], thus making them able to re-enter society. *Mind you that they had to be taken care of the rest of their lives, and basically sat in a chair and drooled into a grand stupor.*
1. Thorazine (Chlorpromazine), introduced in the 50's, was first called by physicians "a Medicinal Labotomy" Yes in those words exactly!!! This marks the onset of the new drug market which labeled this drugin the "anti-psychotic" drug category. This medicine evently led to years of research by those who were opposed and the few Dr. who disagreed with the use of the med. The evidence of 'why' the medicine was coined as an 'Rx Labotomy' due to blocking the re-uptake and all forms of absorbing the chemical, dopamine.
2. Ok, obviously something had to be done here, patients were now refusing the medicine and quite a vast amounts of horrible an experience of it's effects (most commonly described, in general, "the Thorazine Shuffle".

Which leads me to the most important point of this thread...

(Typical) Antipsychotic drugs; Thorazine(cholpromazine), Reserpine, Prolixin(Fluphenazine), Haldol(Haloperidol) and Clozaril(clozapine) ALL have a horrid effect on those whom are prescribed:(

Atypical Antipsychotic drugs; (not limited to): Zyprexa(Olanzapine), Seroquel(Quetiapine), Risperidal(Resperidone), Abilify(Aripiprazole) and Geodon(Ziprasidone) have SIMILAR effects of those in the category labled Typical.
Along with the following categories later introduced in 1961
Tricyclic Antidepressants(TCA's)
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI's) and
Mood Stabilizers; Tegretol(Carbamazeprine) Lithium Carbonate, and Depakote(Valproic acid)....

Note* Not all the medications listed in the A-typ, TCA's MAOI's and MS's. have the same effect on the neurotransmitter- Dopamine, but have also added the blocking and desrtoying transmittion of norephinephrine and serotonin (lastly added in the 1970's). In most cases just one or two are effected, some times all three. :eek:

Dopamine= feel good chemical
Serotonin= Happiness, sleep, and motivation chemical
Norephineprine= alertness (also where adrenaline is created/ formed)
It is essential for ALL three to be in sync to prosper and function according to S.H. Barondes, MD.

If one or two or three are being block or inhibited then how does one find happiness? simple: DENY THESE MEDICATIONS when offered!!

The Dr. will say... 'they will help you feel more like your self' and 'help you to overcome depression or stabilize the bipolar' blah, blah, blah! LIES! IT WILL NOT!

I have tried them and they made my condition WORSE! I would not recommend this brainwashing crap of Dr.'s pressuring and seeking to control the mentally afflicted by keeping them restricted and doped-up.

I QUOTE a former Psychiatrist who said to me (the patient):

"The reason we prescribe these medicines is to sub-due the mania and control those who have raging thoughts or a problem/threat to "NORMAL" people around them." --Can you believe this? (I should have slapped the dude but I didn't want to be sued.)

So the solution then is what? Make us drones, lifeless and dull????

This is just my preception but it may help those who have been wondering "What the HELL is going on? Why are my meds. not working for me and making things worse?" (I am Bipolar I, by the way; along with other diagnonsis/conditions)

****Those who have benefitted for the meds, please excuse my belief in the damnation of the aforementioned Rx's. My premis is that if 'they' didn't work for me then maybe some one else is in the same situation and may not have available resourses to keep them informed of what really happen in history and where these drugs came from.

*Disclaimer:
A. this is ONLY directed towards those who have lost interest in life, gained weight, and lost creativity (ME, included) and
B. I am NOT suggesting the discontinuance of this medication. Follow ALL cations included with Rx and consult a Dr. before stopping ANY medication.

***No negative responses please. This was an informative post that may or may not be helpful but atleast are now aware of the drugs beginnings and exhaustive research form the book mentioned and others for my benefit. Just wanted to give those who choose to read this the same advantages I now have.***

dissolved girl
06-12-09, 06:35 PM
I have a lot of experience with antipsychotics!!!!

I WAS PUT ON SEROQUEL AFTER HAVING A DYSPHORIC MANIC EPISODE WHICH RESULTED IN ME ATTEMPTED TO CUT MY THROAT DUE TO STRONG SUICIDAL IDEATION. I WAS PREVIOUSLY ON LAMICTAL (ANTICONVULSANT) BUT ALTHOUGH IT IS A MOOD STABLIZER IT DOES NOT STOP AGAINST MANIA. WHEN I WAS PUT ON THE SEROQUEL FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP, WITHOUT LYING IN BED WITH CONSTANT RACING THOUGHTS FOR HOURS AND WAKING UP SEVERAL TIMES. I'VE TRIED OTHER SEDATIVES AND THEY HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING HELPFUL IN SEDATING ME.

MY DAD ALSO SUFFERS FROM BIPOLAR DISORDER AND IS ON SEROQUEL. I THINK HE IS ON A DOSE THAT IS TOO HIGH BUT IT STILL HELPS HIM IMMENSELY. WITHOUT IT HE HAS BAD MANIA WHERE HE WOULD HAVE PARANOID THOUGHTS OF OTHERS OUT TO GET HIM AND AN EXPLOSIVE TEMPER. ANTI-PSYCHOTICS HAVE BEEN MORE THAN GOOD FOR HIM.

i have a few friends who have bi-polar I. for one of them, he'd about a couple times a year he'll have severe manic episodes where he has grandiose, paranoid delusions, among other symptoms to the point where he doesn't have control over his actions and in danger of hurting others and he has to stay in the hospital at times. he has always been very outgoing and enthusiastic and happy. he was put on risperdal and i believe another med and he is still the same happy and bright person with the enthusiastic personality, he is now just able to function and live his daily life how he wants to without the mania and delusions getting in his way.

*********MY BROTHER ALSO has bipolar disorder. his last manic episode was so severe that he became a completely different person. he was always outgoing and friendly, now he had a horrible temper, was rude and demeaning to all his friends and family and the people he loved, we were always very close but conversations with him would result in me saying a few words and him interrupting me or telling me what i said was wrong or stupid and that he knows better and sometimes id' end up in tears, he got thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, among other risky behaviour. he would completely deny the problem when we would bring it up. he finally got to a doctor and was put on an antipsychotic and within a couple weeks there was an amazing improvement. he was able to sleep now without staying up for 60 hours and have constant, dark racing thoughts, he could hang out with people without having them feel hurt by his rude and inappropriate behaviour. being stable he says feels so much better and to be level-headed compared to becoming someone completely different.
and yeah, he is still very outgoing, talkative, enthusiastic. same older brother i've known all my life.

i have another friend whose life has drastically improved since on seroquel. she would have episodes of rapid cycling which would involve her having extreme anger and snapping at everyone, to amazing but brief highs, then as low as possible when she would become suicidal all within 24 hours (and has attempted suicide a few times). she has five kids and when in an episode her and her children's lives are completely different, terrifying for all of them. on her seroquel she says she can actually function by taking care of her kids, she can actuallly feel happy around them and not feel like faking it, she can go out and cross the street without wishing a car would hit her, she doesn't feel paranoid that everyone is out to get her. etc etc.
that definitly qualifies as being "GOOD" for the patient.

i dont' know if you've experienced it but its hard as hell having to grow up with a manic parent or sibling. having them explode at you for leaving a dish out, hearing them weep afterwards because they are so sorry that they can't control it, hearing them say they can hear people talk about them, having them tell you "i'm having so many urges to jump in front of the subway.. i don't want to but i cant stop them" (my 45-yr old father) or "i can feel death so strongly inside me. i just want to get an extention cord and ****ing end it" (my 21-yr old brother) when you are hours away and aren't there for them.

its just brutal seeing someone close to you who you love change into a completely different person with a completely different personality who hurts others and wants to hurt themsleves, and knowing there is ****ing nothing you can do to actually change that since their illness is so severe that they NEED medical treatment.

**************AS YOU CAN SEE THERE ARE DEFINITELY SITUATIONS IN WHICH ANTI-PSYCHOTICS ARE "GOOD" FOR THE PATIENT. I THINK IT'S INCREDIBLY IGNORANT TO ASSUME THEY ALWAYS WORSEN THE PATIENT'S CONDITION*********

end of post.
btw i'm on seroquel and i'm definitely not "dulled" now hahaha. it adds many years to my life that may other wise be gone due to suicide which i think i woudl eventually succeed if my mood wasn't leveled. it has definitely been really good for me.

wairoa777
02-01-10, 07:11 PM
Another conspiracy theory. I tell you what you live a day in my head, and then lets see if you'd be willing to post that utter rubbish again. I guarantee you wouldn't.

Lunacie
02-01-10, 07:26 PM
My granddaughter, age 8, diagnosed at this point with Autism PDD-NOS and Anxiety Disorder, has been taking Risperidone for about a month, with good results and no horrible side effects. She has been much calmer and less prone to meltdowns. She just doesn't seem quite as overwhelmed by life in general.

This is not a med we want her to take indefinately, but she really needed some help with anxiety over school issues as last year was a total train wreck. She has spent the first two semesters playing catch-up to learn the things she missed last year, and has two wonderful teachers and her very own aide encouraging her and supporting her so that she enjoys school more than she dreads it. But that wasn't enough, so we're giving the meds a trial.

Archon
02-01-10, 08:50 PM
Dopamine= feel good chemical
Serotonin= Happiness, sleep, and motivation chemical
Norephineprine= alertness (also where adrenaline is created/ formed)
It is essential for ALL three to be in sync to prosper and function according to S.H. Barondes, MD.

Wow, What a comprehensive and accurate explanation of the monoamines.

adhdishere01
02-06-10, 03:54 AM
Seroquel is so nice as an add on for Ambien since I take such 60 mgs plus of D-Amph a month for ADHD. I wish everyone the very best and I sympathize with all situations mentioned. It saddens me that someone I am very close to has excellent medical coverage and refuses to trial Seroquel or simply tegretol. It is the mania that they "love" that they "hate" and I am working so hard to actualize this for them based on how they really feel about life since the dark sides are so dark and the positive, well, you just can not believe it. You will only get hurt again until he or she admits acceptance of this overstigmatized diagnosis. I continue to pray to God. God Bless You All! :)

gnbeg
02-08-10, 01:55 PM
Seroquel is the ONLY substance that helps me to sleep. I've tried Ambien, Lunesta and Rozerem.

I guess I could try to do without as alot has changed since initially prescribed Seroquel for insomnia. I'm on Lamactil and Adderall. But, my pdoc considers Seroquel as needed to help with Bipolor depression.

liquidmetal
07-19-10, 08:53 PM
alyxus.add, that's some good information. Unfortunately, you can't get through to these people, they've already been shut down. One of them is happy that their 8 year old granddaughter is on this dangerous class of drugs, and much younger children are on this medication. Antipsychotics are NOT sleeping pills and they shouldn't be used for that purpose.

"In humans, drugs that reduce dopamine activity (neuroleptics, e.g. antipsychotics) have been shown to reduce motivation, cause anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure), and long-term use has been associated with the irreversible movement disorder, tardive dyskinesia. Furthermore, antipsychotic drugs are associated with weight gain, diabetes, lactation, gynecomastia, drooling, dysphoria, fatigue, sexual dysfunction, and heart rhythm problems."

Wow, What a comprehensive and accurate explanation of the monoamines.

Wow, what a surprise, considering dopamine is responsible for pleasure, movement and hormone regulation.

Antipsychotics should not to be used to "calm" children suffering from ADHD, they should not be used to control children's behavior or outbursts. If parents can't handle their behavior, they're the ones that need the antipsychotics, not the child, the child has the right to be a child, the parents shouldn't have had children if they can't handle them. They couldn't have placed their bets on having a "perfect little angel" and then shutting them down when it doesn't go to plan.

Another conspiracy theory. I tell you what you live a day in my head, and then lets see if you'd be willing to post that utter rubbish again. I guarantee you wouldn't.

What's absolutely disgusting is that people are often forced to take this utter rubbish. Let's see if you'd be willing to come back here and stand up these drugs if/when they give you diabetes and tardive dyskinesia.

If you guys want to block your dopamine, go ahead, knock yourselves out! (no pun intended)

What about the poor kids who have no idea what their parents are putting in their mouths, where's their free will? Where's the free will of the people who are being forcibly injected with this poison? Wake up people. (no pun intended) You're blocking your serotonin and dopamine. Not enough explanation of the monoamines? Look it up. You're shutting yourselves down.

Disagree? GO SHUT YOURSELVES DOWN! :D

Archon
07-19-10, 09:18 PM
Get out your tinfoil hats people because the man is trying to control you!

Don't worry though! Liquidmetal armed with his wikipedia degree is here to save us all with the truth!!1!

DADHD
07-19-10, 10:40 PM
I was put on seroquel and boy did it knock me out. I only had a single 25mg XR and it knocked me out cold for 16 hours. The doc that gave them to me wanted me to take more every couple of days until I got to 150mg. I would have been in a coma! lol Needless to say I only took that one dose and never touched it again.

My current doctor wants me to take Risperidone, 1mg in AM and 2mg before bed. Even the 1mg knocks me out so I don't take it. The doc knows that I hate taking it and doesn't get on me too hard for not taking it, just suggests I start. It also seems counter productive to take it since it blocks dopamine when my add meds are trying give me more dopamine....... I still haven't figured that one out.

Amtram
07-20-10, 08:04 AM
I was given Risperidone off-label for my ADD by a doctor who didn't listen to me. It might be a helpful thing for some people, but that anhedonia effect, for me, was incredibly strong, and it gave me these blood pressure spikes in response to even minor stresses. I gave it, and the doctor, up when I nearly passed out from the blood pressure spikes while driving. Oh, no, a cop on the side of the road! Oh, no, somebody passing someone else! Oh, no, this guy is tailing me! That wasn't a side effect I was willing to tolerate.

Lunacie
07-20-10, 09:40 AM
alyxus.add, that's some good information. Unfortunately, you can't get through to these people, they've already been shut down. One of them is happy that their 8 year old granddaughter is on this dangerous class of drugs, and much younger children are on this medication. Antipsychotics are NOT sleeping pills and they shouldn't be used for that purpose.

"In humans, drugs that reduce dopamine activity (neuroleptics, e.g. antipsychotics) have been shown to reduce motivation, cause anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure), and long-term use has been associated with the irreversible movement disorder, tardive dyskinesia. Furthermore, antipsychotic drugs are associated with weight gain, diabetes, lactation, gynecomastia, drooling, dysphoria, fatigue, sexual dysfunction, and heart rhythm problems."

Wow, what a surprise, considering dopamine is responsible for pleasure, movement and hormone regulation.

Antipsychotics should not to be used to "calm" children suffering from ADHD, they should not be used to control children's behavior or outbursts. If parents can't handle their behavior, they're the ones that need the antipsychotics, not the child, the child has the right to be a child, the parents shouldn't have had children if they can't handle them. They couldn't have placed their bets on having a "perfect little angel" and then shutting them down when it doesn't go to plan.

What's absolutely disgusting is that people are often forced to take this utter rubbish. Let's see if you'd be willing to come back here and stand up these drugs if/when they give you diabetes and tardive dyskinesia.

If you guys want to block your dopamine, go ahead, knock yourselves out! (no pun intended)

What about the poor kids who have no idea what their parents are putting in their mouths, where's their free will? Where's the free will of the people who are being forcibly injected with this poison? Wake up people. (no pun intended) You're blocking your serotonin and dopamine. Not enough explanation of the monoamines? Look it up. You're shutting yourselves down.

Disagree? GO SHUT YOURSELVES DOWN! :D

Doesn't matter whether I'm happy that my 8 year old granddaughter is taking Risperidone - what matters is that she is happier and less anxious. This isn't about whether we can handle her unmedicated, it's about how well she can handle everyday life without medication.

I'm looking into natural supplements such as Valerian root to relieve the anxiety that has haunted me for my whole life. If I find it helpful, then perhaps we will give it a trial for my granddaughter. However, natural supplements aren't necessarily any less dangerous than prescription medications. And the point is that she NEEDS some kind of help with her anxiety in order to keep from having meltdowns that last for hours because basic ordinary everyday things cause her anxiety level to go through the roof. It's not a pleasant way to live - for her mostly, but for us as well seeing that she's overloaded by anxiety and we can do nothing to calm her or relieve her fears.

She's not taking it for a sleeping pill, but as someone who has struggled with sleep issues most of my life I can say without a doubt that I feel a lot better when I'm able to sleep well. My grandchildren and I take Melatonin, a natural supplement, for a sleep aid.

Amtram
07-20-10, 02:09 PM
Whatever you do, don't just mix herbal supplements with prescribed medication unless you talk to the prescribing doctor first. Regardless of whether or not they are effective, herbal supplements can have serious negative side effects when combined with certain medications.

And if a medication is working, then it doesn't matter how awful it was for someone else. It's so clear that everyone reacts differently that blanket condemnations should be saved for the medications that are truly dangerous. (And even then. . .thalidomide is proving very effective against certain cancers, for example.)

Lunacie
07-20-10, 02:57 PM
That's a good note of caution. The Risperidone is the only medication my granddaughter is currently taking, and it's to help with the anxiety. If I found that Valerian helped me, we might give her a trial on that -instead- of the Risperidone.

And very true that in some cases meds are helpful but in other cases the same meds may be harmful. About 10 years ago I found out that I'm allergic to something in a medication to treat hypertension and I had an anaphylactic reaction, could have been very serious. But I don't plaster scare stories all over the internet tellling everyone they should avoid that particular med. It's helped far more than it's put into danger. I think the same is true of most meds if taken under a doctor's supervision and not mixed with anything else unless the doctor is also aware of that.

karbouris
11-27-10, 04:02 PM
Omg I have been on almost every kind of antidepressant known to man. I now have hypoglycima. Geodon is a devil drug. I also completly agree with you. Pills are to control you most of the physcs I have seen are severe quacks. The misdiagnois of this country of being bipolar is ridiculus. I am sucking it up right now with generic D-amp and clondine to sleep at night. Sorry kinda scatter brained right now XD But its in your best interest not to touch any SSRI.

Lunacie
11-27-10, 04:31 PM
Omg I have been on almost every kind of antidepressant known to man. I now have hypoglycima. Geodon is a devil drug. I also completly agree with you. Pills are to control you most of the physcs I have seen are severe quacks. The misdiagnois of this country of being bipolar is ridiculus. I am sucking it up right now with generic D-amp and clondine to sleep at night. Sorry kinda scatter brained right now XD But its in your best interest not to touch any SSRI.

You might be interested in reading some of the responses to the original rant.

karbouris
11-27-10, 04:41 PM
Your right haha. I can't take anything other than an IR stimulant right now due to the hypoglycima . Not only that I won't take anything that deals with serotonin they give me seziures. I do think tho that others may have legit problems to where they need them, but doctors need to think more. I found out that most of them can't figure out a lot of the other problems are caused by the current pills they are on.

Lunacie
11-27-10, 04:50 PM
Your right haha. I can't take anything other than an IR stimulant right now due to the hypoglycima . Not only that I won't take anything that deals with serotonin they give me seziures. I do think tho that others may have legit problems to where they need them, but doctors need to think more. I found out that most of them can't figure out a lot of the other problems are caused by the current pills they are on.

I agree that Western Medicine is more about prescribing meds than treating the whole person. That's one reason I go to a Clinic of Chinese Medicine as often as to the family doc. Been wondering about having the doctor try treating my Anxiety Disorder with accupuncture - but haven't had any spare money to give it a trial.

And they do tend to generalize that if something works well for some of their patients that it should work equally well for all of them. I'll never forget the time I developed a very severe allergic reaction to a med my doctor had prescribed, and when I called her office the nurse argued and told me that I simply must be reacting to something else. I could have died if I hadn't taken a couple of Benedryl immediately and been ready to call 911 if necessary.

However, the reason the doctors have become so dependent on these meds is that, for the most part, they work very well.

karbouris
11-27-10, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I have been on stimulants since the age of 4. I found out that I am not bipolar the "mood swings" I had were the meds wearing off when I was little.

karbouris
11-27-10, 05:06 PM
I really wish doctors would sit here and see how ridiculus they make these pills seem.
It seems like they do this which is my experine. They put you on said pill which blocks said chemical, then something happens and they put on other pill which blocks another chemical. Well you at this point feel like killing yourself, so they put you on another pill which blocks both chemicals then another that makes you produce more I mean really really ? lol

lynette19775
11-27-10, 05:13 PM
Wow. I read the original post and found it terrifying that there are people out their spewing this nonsense. For one, people who could benefit greatly from these meds, and who may already be irrationally paranoid that people are trying to control them, may read rubbish like that and have it compound their fears 10x's over!!!!! How sad.

One thing in life that I've learned is that if I haven't tried something or been through a certain experience, I really can't form an opinion on it. I'd only be guessing, even if I thought it was an "educated" opinion. Still just a guess.

The second thing I've learned is, even if I've tried it or actually been through something, no two people respond exactly the same to anything. So, what doesn't work for me, might work perfectly well for you. Who am I to judge??

It frightens me that many people feel their own personal experiences are the only ones that exist. And that they can be applied to the rest of the human population across the board. I'm so glad so many of you spoke up against this early on. Kudos to you all.

karbouris
11-27-10, 06:13 PM
I get your saying lynette, but I just really hope that maybe what I have to say might help somebody. My experience is mine alone just as my views are my views it doesn't have to matter to anybody else.

lynette19775
11-27-10, 06:16 PM
Karbouris, I'm sorry. I should have made it clear that I was referring to the original post of the thread, not yours. Actually, your post wasn't even up yet when I was writing mine. Sorry about that.

karbouris
11-27-10, 06:41 PM
oh your fine lol I just figured I would stick that out there. I am trying to ward of my hypo induced panic attack.

lynette19775
11-27-10, 06:43 PM
Awwwww...so sorry you are stressed! Are you going to be okay?

karbouris
11-27-10, 06:47 PM
Yeah I will be fine, I am at my adopted parents house right now doing laundry. I am waiting till I drive home to take my clondine. When I get annoyed my BP goes high on the stims lol

Lunacie
11-27-10, 06:49 PM
I really wish doctors would sit here and see how ridiculus they make these pills seem.
It seems like they do this which is my experine. They put you on said pill which blocks said chemical, then something happens and they put on other pill which blocks another chemical. Well you at this point feel like killing yourself, so they put you on another pill which blocks both chemicals then another that makes you produce more I mean really really ? lol

I saw that one-pill-leading-to-another-and-yet-another when I was in my late teens or early 20s and it scared the crap out of me. If the pill I'm taking causes horrible side effects, don't add another pill to deal with that. Give me a different med that hopefully doesn't have those horrible side effects.

My younger sister doesn't really have that much more going on with her than I do, but she's taking at least 15 different meds every single day - and I take 1 med for blood pressure and a few supplements like vitamins and fish oil.

However, my grandchildren are taking one med each and their meds have helped a LOT. Really, a LOT. The oldest takes something for ADHD and the youngest takes something for Anxiety. Wish I could take something for both ADHD and Anxiety - but I don't have health insurance.

In my opinion the meds themselves are more beneficial than they are dangerous or horrible. It's the doctors that sometimes just listen for a few minutes and write a script, and then another script, and then another script that's the bigger problem. And of course, patients who keep taking more and more meds instead of doing some reserach on their own and asking the doctor questions and requesting less meds and more information, they're part of the problem too.

Everyone wants to be healthy, but few are willing to put in any effort, they'd rather take a pill.

lynette19775
11-27-10, 06:50 PM
Karbouris, oh okay. Glad you will be alright! I don't know if the stims or doing laundry would raise my blood pressure more, lol.

karbouris
11-27-10, 06:57 PM
Yeah lol. Its just like I have 3 bottles of water out, filled out. I fill like I sucked on sandpaper I am like stfu already they want them to be put up

karbouris
11-27-10, 07:03 PM
Honestly Geodon is evil that should never have been fda approved. I just think that people should think more about the long term side effects of these pills. Little girl I know is producing breast milk due to her pills. I mean yeah if you can life with the side effects by all means take them. I can't tolerate feeling like a numb zombie, an adhd stim is honestly the only thing i will actually touch. Yeah I feel depressed but isn't that what makes you human? If I feel depressed it makes me want to adress the situation. It makes me want to be somebody.

lynette19775
11-27-10, 07:15 PM
Wow, karbouris!! That is so tragic about that little girl! I am a grown woman and if I started spontaneously spurting breast milk, I would probably have a full on psychotic break! I cannot imagine being a child and trying to deal with that.

I'm so glad you have found something that helps you in ADHD meds. I must admit I am envious that you have been diagnosed by your age. I still had 13 long, ardous, completely chaotic years to wade through. And I'm only now getting started....who knows how long it will take me to actually figure out what is going to work for me? The only thing I have going for me right now is that I am highly motivated to get this thing treated. Living on a wish and a prayer right now.

I know your path isn't easy. If you are anything like me, it's been a complete battle to get out of bed some days. I'm just really thankful that we have found a place to come to (this forum) where we don't have to feel alone. I am thankful for people like you.

karbouris
11-27-10, 07:26 PM
I ****ed my doctor off haha by all the pill changes I really want to try desoxyn but everybody keeps saying its too addictive. I am pretty its not lol. Besides if I go trhough withdrawls all I want is too smoke cigs constantly for like 3 days.