View Full Version : Learning to accept my reality

BeachBum
04-26-04, 11:57 AM
I have been told that I have the attitude and appearance of someone who is hard to befriend. Might be a defense mechanism, I don't know but I don't see it. I definitely am VERY selective when it comes to making friends which comes from years of being stabbed in the back by those I have trusted. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but even when I try to befriend someone I seem to keep them at bay, just short of letting them into my world in fear that they will get to know the real me and be scared off.

If this is my life, if this is who I am then all I can do is accept this lot in life and find a way to survive without frienship and love. Yea, I am pathetic. Sitting here feeling sorry for myself when I should be doing something positive to change my life. If I knew what that was I would get right on it but I have no clue on even how to begin.

This is me, this is who I am today and all I can do is accept me.

The Wall.

Garry
05-13-04, 07:55 PM
It simple

Find a person who you can talk to and who understands the concept of

"If you have a problem with me"

"Tell me to my face"

"Not behind my back"

"But be prepared to tell me why You have a problem "
"So I Can Fix It"

"If I dont know SOMETHING is wrong"

"Then I Can't Fix it "

"Can I"

I also dont have a lot of friends , but the ones I do have are true friends , who call a spade a spade !!!

We can speak our minds with each other and nobody gets there feeling hurt as we know anything that is said , is being said becuse the person cares and is only speaking there mind in a hope to help the other person.

I think its called honesty !!!!!!!!!

Works for me and my friends

joanrdtobe
05-14-04, 07:35 PM
Beachbum: I like Garry's ideas....ALSO you mgiht START with writing down ten things you're grateful for.....It will definitely help with the self-pity....