View Full Version : Surrey Psychiatrist?

Renton
06-24-09, 04:56 AM
Hi I'm 26 and have been diagnosed with ADD and bipolar. I've had a real tough time finding a psychiatrist since my old one retired. I was referred to one in Surrey but find I just can't really talk to him, he just asks about my meds and then rushed me out. My family doctor has been prescribing my my regular psych meds but I want to see a psychiatrist again that I can open up to, does anyone here know of someone in the Lower mainland I might be able to see? I heard if I can find a private psychiatrist that my disability will pay for it but I need to find one who is taking new patients. Thanks,

bradd
09-19-09, 11:24 PM
Wish I could be of help in your search. But I'm responding only as someone who can relate because finding himself in the same situation that you describe. My psychiatrist of almost 25 years retired approximately a year-and-a-half ago. My new psychiatrist is turning out to be a disappointment. My appointments with her are 1/2 hour or less in length and spaced 3 months apart. During my last appointment (just two days ago) she abruptly snapped at me when my response to a question of hers revealed I had mistook what it was she was asking me about.

B

Hi I'm 26 and have been diagnosed with ADD and bipolar. I've had a real tough time finding a psychiatrist since my old one retired. I was referred to one in Surrey but find I just can't really talk to him, he just asks about my meds and then rushed me out. My family doctor has been prescribing my my regular psych meds but I want to see a psychiatrist again that I can open up to, does anyone here know of someone in the Lower mainland I might be able to see? I heard if I can find a private psychiatrist that my disability will pay for it but I need to find one who is taking new patients. Thanks,

Imnapl
09-20-09, 01:39 AM
Ask your local mental health unit to direct you to a psychiatric social worker or therapist who is well versed in ADHD. I saw a psychiatrist for two visits for my original assessment and was told that further visits were not necessary.