View Full Version : Blackberry ADDers?

Andrew
07-11-09, 04:20 PM
Just wondering who on the ADD Forums owns a Blackberry? If you do, what model(s) do you have?

doiadhd
07-11-09, 06:29 PM
I don't have one:(

Is it true that they are like mini-lap-tops?

Maurice
07-11-09, 06:32 PM
What business and what difference could it possibly make to you?

What car or type of house do YOU own?

doiadhd
07-12-09, 07:46 PM
What business and what difference could it possibly make to you?

What car or type of house do YOU own?

Can you work a phone?

Or more to the point----->do you have anyone to contact?:p

You big old meany...!

DesertDave
07-13-09, 01:13 PM
It wouldn't let me vote. Something about a missing token.

So add me to the "I don't have a Blackberry" count.

But feel free to remove the sad face. Yeah I love technology, for sure, but I sure do NOT need yet another distraction. I'd be playing with it all the time.

I did look at them at the store because my current cell plan is ending. I found the keyboard to be too awkward for me to use. And I know I'd rub off the letters on the keys in no time.

stef
07-14-09, 04:49 PM
I don't know what model it is - I asked for one, at work. To check my emails so I don't freak out when I arrive and turn on my computer; I know what's going on so I can answer the urgent stuff and then make my list for the day.
(this sounds crazy! but my anxiety is down 75%). I find the keyboard hard to use though, I have long nails...
The phone part is disactivated, i just use my regular cell phone.

Grafter
07-14-09, 05:04 PM
I don't have one. And I really don't want one, either. So, like DesertDave, I request the sad emoticon be absent from my vote. :)

In the near future, I am reluctantly upgrading my phone (nothing special, a freebie something or other that has this slidey thing that then has a little keyboard of some kind) I'm FINALLY getting my daughter a phone... I'm concerned I won't be able to communicate with her without text soon. :D

I've heard Blackberry's can help "simplify" your life in general.... but in my case, every new piece of electronic gadgetry just makes mine more difficult.

More than that, I fear this would be me on a Blackberry:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqKEe_JEObg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqKEe_JEObg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Imnapl
07-15-09, 01:21 AM
What business and what difference could it possibly make to you?Perhaps Andrew is doing some consumer research before he invests money in a Blackberry.

livinginchaos
07-18-09, 06:35 PM
I have an 8320 blackberry. I love it. Very gadgety, fairly to figure out, pretty easy to use, good calendar (which is why I wanted the blackberry),

I wish it had multiple alarms, but there is only 1 (alarm clock).
The other thing that bugged me is that there is a red light that blinks when I get a message (email, text or phone call) and the incessant blinking drove me batty at first. I felt like I had to look at the message immediately. Now, I am not that reactive, but it took a couple months to train myself.

Fraz_2006
07-18-09, 06:39 PM
I have an old nokia coffin/brick phone. :)

Grafter
07-18-09, 09:34 PM
*sigh*

I'm sorry. Could you change my vote to a Curve 8330.:(

I don't know what happened. I really don't. There I was, getting my daughter a phone....

and...

*sigh*

More than that, I fear this would be me on a Blackberry:
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqKEe_JEObg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

If anyone needs to reach me anytime soon, please let my Blackberry know.

Thanks.

Grafter
07-18-09, 09:35 PM
OMG. I one of "them".

livinginchaos
07-18-09, 11:09 PM
hahaha. . you love it, don't you?!

BB curves rock! Just wait until you figure out how to tether!

I highly recommend BB, Andrew (although, I have to admit, I'd LOVE an iPhone)

doiadhd
07-18-09, 11:15 PM
I don't have one:(

Is it true that they are like mini-lap-tops?

I was being sarcastic.Soz;)

Logic
09-18-09, 10:57 PM
9500 - Storm

Got it free... never looked back.
I'm glad I've got a BlackBerry and not an iPhone, it seems every man and his dog has one of those at the minute.

Logic

Trooper Keith
09-18-09, 11:10 PM
I have a Tour and I bet I could write it off as an "adaptive technology" for tax purposes. I think I might try to write it off as a school expense. I use it a lot. I put appointments in it and have it tell me a day in advance. Very useful! I also use it to look things up online quickly when I'm getting off on a tangent and become intensely curious about something. I have some trouble with the trackball, though, sometimes. I'll accidentally move it while I'm trying to click it. I used Google Maps on it once when I got lost in suburban New Jersey, so it's really handy.

I was going to get a Storm, but I found it too annoying that tapping the screen zoomed the browser in. My brother did get a Storm, and he really likes it.

Who're your carriers? I'm on Verizon.

FrazzleDazzle
09-18-09, 11:56 PM
I looked at BBs with AT&T trying to avoid an iphone and the data plan, but finally succumbed to the iphone's relentless beauty, functionality, fun, and its ability to replace a handful of other gadgets and stuff.

I am an iwoman.

Did you end up getting a new phone/gadget/thingy Andrew?

unthought
09-19-09, 07:35 PM
Blackberry's are cool, I'm after a Palm Pre though. There's special invite only plans from Sprint that I have access to, $59.99/500min, call any mobile any carrier for free, free nights starting at 7pm, unlimited data, unlimited txt/pix/vid, Sprint Music Premier, TV Premier. And the Pre costs $150. It's called Sprint Everything Plus.

Werl
05-19-10, 11:39 PM
I had a Perl, then I got an iPhone.