View Full Version : what dose do I need??

iggypop
07-12-09, 09:45 PM
i have been dx since age 7 now i am 48 going back on my meds. the highest was adderall 30mg x 3 daily. that was too strong and i found myself in lots of problems.then i went down to adderall 30mgxr x 1 daily it worked for a while.i stopped because the doc was concerned about my health and age.

i also suffer from depression / add and have been on all the meds without relief.the only med that works for me is stimulants.my new doc put me on dexidrine 10mg.i told him my concerned about the med being too strong.i could tell right off that the dose was weak.so i did my own research 20mg ,:( then 30 mg :confused:,then 40mg feeling something now.

i am wondering if i have built up a tolerance over all the years of taking the meds? i am now nervous about telling my doc of the experment.my girlfriend says this is the best she has seen me in yrs:D so i'm dragging her to next appt to help me explain. today is last dose then i must wait till next week to see the doc.

so for the next week i will be out of meds and waiting for depression to set in

i am wondering if anyone out there has experience a higher tolerance to the stimulants.

can anyone help me out?

PinK~Cloud
07-22-09, 04:16 AM
you may be experiencing these depression symptoms simply because you're always up and down on stimulant based medication. they effect me that way as well.

iggypop
07-29-09, 12:37 AM
when the meds life end or i'm not on meds i am depressed,i can't even use this computer it is so debilitating.

iggypop
08-07-09, 06:53 PM
i like old docs he change my meds to 30mgir x 2day ......well wounder what will happen?