View Full Version : Bad Seroquel Trip

Communicators
07-14-09, 02:41 AM
I try not to take the stuff, but I seem to need it in order to sleep. During the day, I seem to nod into these schizo states where I start talking to people in my head before I go to sleep. Thankfully, this is while I'm trying to go to sleep so I had no problem with it.

But tonight, thirty minutes after I take this medicine, I experience this crappiest most horrible space travel trip. And I've never tripped balls before so you could imagine how terrified I was.

This journey sucks, lmao. Rely on HMO's, you'll ended up zombied out on benzos, rely on your own research and private physicians, you end up fixed on zoloft and adderall. One thing goes right in your life, and bam, you suffer your first manic episode. You go get a anti-psychotic that you believe would middle you out and wham, space travel in your head with sound effects on.

I am find with everything accept for angels and demons popping out from behind refrigerators, lol. I've just become super religious from signs that prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Geesh. I'm just either running out of the energy to get things right or I'm beginning to let my grandmother's voice penetrate my psyche, "Let the Doctors tell you what's wrong". Yeah, some of them get C's and some get A's. If I randomly go to a doctor without looking at their transcripts and put my faith in them like they're God, then I'll wind up like MJ.

So just tell me, what do you know about seroquel trips. This drug has been helping but I'd rather not go through this again.

P.S. After I got really angry about transgressions that I was allowing to go not confronted, I had to stop all meds, SSRI and stims, on a dime. And have been doing pretty well on just the anger.

But what do you know about seroquel trips and what is that in terms of chemical reactions in the brain?

Communicators
07-14-09, 02:49 AM
I probably wont take medicines. Just got to learn how to give and take and stay even.

Communicators
07-14-09, 02:56 AM
And I know I've got issues since the past 5 days I lost 10 pounds from not being able to eat and sleep. Would spend the nightime typing religious notes into me phone. :)

Communicators
07-14-09, 02:45 PM
Alright. I've resigned to allowing my current pdoc tell me what's wrong. He's been in agreement with me and right along the way. I have no more analytic energy left in me anymore.

I don't even know if anyone has read this. This sub cat seems little frequented.

I'm sure I'm not experiencing side FX from the seroquel, but am just having worsening schizophrenic episodes.

Matter of fact, I don't know who I'm talking to right now.

MUWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Communicators
07-14-09, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sEAm-RfSg

sloppitty-sue
07-14-09, 03:46 PM
So sorry Hobble - not sleeping for days will make anyone miserable, nevermind all of the other horrors you've been going through. Perhaps you need a different med? Have you ever tried risperdal or any of the other anti-psychotic meds? I know that there are several and that for many who are afflicted with psychotic symptoms, often just ONE of the medications are effective enough to allow the person to return to a "normal life." So maybe you just haven't found the one or right combo of meds.

Don't give up.

I just read a very inspirational book (newly written): The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness, by Elyn Saks. I recommend this book to anyone interested in what it's like to experience psychotic symptoms - out of the blue. (In other words, how it feels to be psychotic when one is NOT intentionally setting out to trip on acid, get stoned on pot, etc.) I am so grateful to this woman for writing this book because my mother and ex have both been dx with some type of psychotic disorder - and for the longest time I thought they were faking their condition. I couldn't understand why one minute they were fine, and the next minute they were "acting crazy." (I guess a lot of my feelings stem from being the child of someone who experiences psychosis but is not diagnosed with it yet.)

Best wishes Hob,
Sue

doiadhd
07-14-09, 04:26 PM
i have had very little experience with these types of drug,so cannot really help there.

Think what you are doing is brave and hope it works out from the best,i'm sure it will.

Nothing wrong we thinking or hearing-it is called memory.

Hopefully it is just a withdrawal stage that will be over,sooner than later.Of course you are going to feel and start using your brain differently....I have gone through something similar this year-but had nothing to do with foreign chemicals in my brain....unless weed or beer can do this?even then i can start and stop.Will prob quit both,one day.

Hobbledehoy+Sloppity-sue:)

Hobs sows a picture of a posessed baby:)
Sue is pushing a buggy:)

Doiabcd is having a baby:)

(i like the way i think and am sure it will come in useful one day or more)

firstdesserts
07-14-09, 05:20 PM
I just read a very inspirational book (newly written): The Center Cannot Hold: My Journey Through Madness, by Elyn Saks. I recommend this book to anyone interested in what it's like to experience psychotic symptoms - out of the blue.

Same here. I spent a lot of time googleing Dr. Saks. She's one of my heroes!

Communicators
07-14-09, 05:43 PM
So sorry Hobble - not sleeping for days will make anyone miserable, nevermind all of the other horrors you've been going through. Perhaps you need a different med? Have you ever tried risperdal or any of the other anti-psychotic meds?

My grandfather, from the loons side, was put on Resperdal before he died and it made him worse. I need a medicine that will fix the dopamine at a certain point and sort of work for dopamine like Buspar does for seratonin. Which that might or might not do. I've just gotta ask my doctor. I do not want to go back to the left end of this problem. I'd rather see things than be self defeatist.

Doiabcd is having a baby:)

Congratulations!

__________________________________________________ ___

I've got an idea. Read this bigoted text..

Negro Psychopath
http://blog.dickinson.edu/?p=3285
Throughout his writing discussing The White Negro, Norman Mailer draws parallels between the Negro and the hipster. In the third portion, he describes the tendencies of psychopaths, and how they relate to the Negro and the hipsters.
First of all he explains the difference between the psychotic and the psychopath. The psychotic is totally insane and the world does not feel like reality, whereas everything feels very real to a psychopath. Neither can “restrain his violence” (589). Sheldon and Eleanor Glueck write that psychopaths display “anti-social attitude and behaviour” (590) and Robert Lindler writes that “the psychopath, like a child[…]cannot wait upon erotic gratification…he must rape” (590). However, Mailer argues that not every case is this extreme and claims that the influence psychopathy has made on culture can be seen. Furthermore he writes that “what characterizes almost every psychopath and part psychopath is that they are trying to create a new nervous system for themselves” (591). However, through psychoanalysis, instead of changing, the individual becomes “less bad, less good, less bright, less willful, less destructive, less creative[…and] is able to conform” (592). The individual conforms because he or she loses “passion” (592). Mailer believes that to change, the psychopath must be aware of his or her habits and then change his or her nature. Part of this nature and habits is that a psychopath murders in an attempt to purge him or herself of hatred because with hatred, he or she cannot love themselves. Furthermore, he believes that the psychopath seeks love, not in the romantic sense, but love in the form of an orgasm which is “therapy” to the psychopath (593). This constant search for the “good orgasm” turns the psychopath into a “sexual outlaw” (594). Mailer claims that “it is therefore no accident that psychopathy is more prevalent with the Negro” because the Negro’s self hate, which results from being hated (594). Similarly, the hipster is concerned with understanding his “inner universe” (588) and is interested in “rebellion” (589). However, the hipster is more concerned with future power opposed to “immediate gratification” like the psychopath (589).
Lastly, Mailer discusses the language used by Negros. He claims that the hipsters use language that can be understood by adolescents because it is natural for teenagers to rebel, which must also be true for Negros.Then read this non-bigoted article.

More to the Story
http://www.reuniting.info/science/sex_in_the_brain must cache from google.

The highs and lows of dopamine are only part of the "post-sexual satiation hangover" story. At orgasm, dopamine drops like a lead balloon, and we lose interest, at least temporarily. However, if dopamine’s not kept in check, it could rapidly shoot up again and we’d be back in the sack. Biology’s mission is now to stop us from screwing around and place our attention elsewhere - like on hunting and gathering, feeding the babies, going to our job, taking out the trash and so forth. Otherwise we’d end up like those rats, working our levers over and over, and doing nothing else.
So since I AM NOT the black Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange, I've decided to do what the hell I've been doing since I was 12. :D I might as well get back in the habit at least until I get myself together. You know the big M controversy? I'm sure I've killed this thread already. Didn't mean to do that.

I'll tell you how it goes. :eek:

doiadhd
07-14-09, 06:08 PM
Please do go on....
I am v.interested in what you have to say on this/these subject/s.

What is this M theory was it??

If we were to combine the two together we might end up with a new view point,right or wrong we would benifit from it,

With the killing the thread....it was based on you and your thoughts of what you are going through so I do believe anything you will write there after will be in the guidelines?!;)

p.s-I myself grew up in cosmopolitan ares in London,have smoked the 'erb,and also been refered to as a psychopath....I do believe assumptions of this without facts can only be 'assumptions'.

firstdesserts
07-14-09, 06:40 PM
I don't even know if anyone has read this. This sub cat seems little frequented.

I have. I was prescribed Seroquel a few months ago. When I asked around on this forum and my other two doctors about it the reactions were enough for me to decide not to take it - ever again. I know there are folks who are helped by it. I am not one of them.

I have experienced serious situations due to lack of food, water, and rest as Sue mentioned. But you are really going through a rough patch. Here's hoping things settle soon!

Communicators
07-14-09, 08:03 PM
Please do go on....
What is this M theory was it??

Well I already experimented with it, ate a whole pizza, and took one seroquel. It was successful and the shame is back and I'm ready to take a nap, lol. So maybe I'll divulge more when I'm up again. :)

thx guys for hangin around. Yeah schizophrenic episodes aren't funny in the least bit. My great aunt died of organ failure after being put on lithium for schizophrenia. I guess she didn't take any sh*t until she went mad.

You guys really should watch There Will Be Blood if you haven't already. Daniel Plainview struggles with Manic Depression throughout the whole movie along with his psychopathic behavior.

We're just going to have to see if I can avoid those auditory hallucinations because they suck!

doiadhd
07-14-09, 09:18 PM
How's it going?
Is the big M conspiracy....the golden arches?
I have had hilucinations/vivid thoughts of such....
Tripping on un-prescribed,about 10 years ago-not nice the next day,
think i tried to eat the Mcdonald's building on this particular night and also tried to climb a advertisement bill board thing,of the statue of libety....got a lift home fom the police.
Not my proudest moments.
And put me off of drugs for a long time after.
Just say no.

A man/imaginery man stopped me from climbing the statue of liberty and said,'just close you eyes,there is no-one else there',i was imagining my friends were with me.I did so and when i opened them i was back to normal again....for 5 minutes.could not thank this stranger enough....he helped me when my friends left me.

Do not know why i am putting this here,but there we go.

Good luck mate!