View Full Version : chat

heatman
07-14-09, 11:05 PM
ok I give up!!!! everytime I try and go into chat it says another user is using that name. what am i doing wrong?

ginniebean
07-15-09, 12:56 AM
Nothing, the chat hasn't been working for months, it would be nice if they got it fixed.

xraylady33
07-15-09, 01:52 PM
yes....i agree!

MrAnon
07-25-09, 11:46 PM
I'd love if there were a working chat right now :(

momofadhdson
09-19-09, 12:27 AM
hello

Trooper Keith
09-19-09, 10:00 AM
For me the chat link just takes me to the smilies page. It's the damnedest thing.

unthought
10-02-09, 12:58 AM
They deleted that other topic where I spoke about hosting IRC for us to use, it's up if you'd like to join.

//aimless.us/ (not really set up)
irc://aimless.us/ channel #add

To join you'll need an IRC client such as mIRC: //www.mirc.com/ and tell it to connect to aimless.us port 6667. Once connected type /join #add into the interface and you will join an ADHD chat.

meadd823
10-02-09, 01:27 AM
They deleted that other topic where I spoke about hosting IRC for us to use, it's up if you'd like to join.

aimless.us/ (not really set up)
irc://aimless.us/ channel #add

To join you'll need an IRC client such as mIRC: and tell it to connect to aimless.us port 6667. Once connected type /join #add into the interface and you will join an ADHD chat.

Okay now let me see if I have this straight. The staff here removed a post just like the one above this so you thought it would be okay to re-post it this thread??

Hmmmm rather interesting line of reasoning.

If some thing you posted was deleted the staff member who deleted it should have PMed you with a reason for their action. My guess is the post is violating a guideline (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842) The most obvious violation is posting a hyperlink to what is considered another community which is against the guideline (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842) copied below.

*No links to other groups, forums or communities in signatures or posts, without the explicit written permission of a Site Admin.

Good thing this is an ADD site because apparently we forgot to write a rule against re-posting some thing we previously removed. My guess is that is because we figured most people knew if we deleted it once we would do it again. . .. . Your in luck I never do any thing normally not even ADD abnormally. . . While re-posting a previously removed post may not generate any points against your account this time it does open your post up to the possibility of being edited by an unmedicated ADD staff member -:D

unthought
10-02-09, 01:52 AM
My above post had never been posted before, it wasn't my post that was deleted either, but the entire topic of someone elses. It's not "another community" either it's designed as a place for THIS COMMUNITIES people to be able to chat. The people thought it was a good idea, they asked for it. But as you pointed out you've requested that users not post hyper links to other communites, no problem.

ADB1
10-04-09, 11:47 AM
Just to say unthought and I had a useful chat on IRC. Wd be nice to see others there

unthought
10-15-09, 08:16 PM
It's down at the moment, having problems with the system and network it was hosted on. Might look for a new provide later on.

unthought
10-22-09, 10:50 PM
Back up, irc.aimless.us - channel #add. Still working on the site and stuff, I'll post instructions on the website aimless.us on how to connect. It's just a test server ATM - several people have indicated they wanted a place to come together for real-time-chat. This is the best technology available for such a thing.

darkangel99
04-26-10, 08:51 AM
heya yh it would be nice if chat was workin anyways how are you guys today