View Full Version : Friday 7/17/09 GFC Results Thread

justcallmedorie
07-16-09, 08:03 PM
Alrighty girls and boys. Here we go. Me first-LOL.

7/10 - ran intervals ~3.25 miles
7/11 - ran intervals ~3.25 miles
7/13 - ran intervals ~3.25 miles
7/14 - ran intervals ~2.25 miles
7/15 - ran intervals ~3.25 miles

Well. That's over 16 miles for the week not counting the fact that I cover an additional 1/2 mile warming up and cooling down. MUCH better than being a mouse-potato, no?

Now if I could just RUN the whole way I'd be thrilled!

cwatca
07-17-09, 10:09 AM
Sun. - did 2 workouts on the EA Sports Active
Mon.- 1 workout on EA Sports Active
Weds. - went to the gym for 1 hour and did 1 workout on EA Sports Active
Thurs. - went to the gym for 1 hour 2 workouts on EA Sports Active

*NOTE: 1 workout on the EA Sports Active is about 30 mins.

NekoGirl
07-17-09, 12:21 PM
Sun: Can't remember :(
Mon: Dancing 30 min.
Tues: Warm Vinyasa Yoga 1 hr
Wed: Spin Class 45 min
Thur: Drank beer 1 hr (ok ok I know I know!)

There's a five-miler coming up next week. I haven't ran a race in a looooooong time, but I might start training for it. It's been a while since I ended my week with some LSD! :)

Simulacro
07-19-09, 01:39 AM
Progress report: Bought tennis rackets and balls. Still planning on enrolling in tennis for beginners. Still no actual exercise :p, but it's a motivational work in progress. :)

justcallmedorie
07-19-09, 09:39 AM
7/15 - ran intervals ~3.25 miles...
That was actually 7/16, NOT the 15th, just wanted to clarify things...;o)

Sun. - did 2 workouts on the EA Sports Active
Mon.- 1 workout on EA Sports Active
Weds. - went to the gym for 1 hour and did 1 workout on EA Sports Active
Thurs. - went to the gym for 1 hour 2 workouts on EA Sports Active

*NOTE: 1 workout on the EA Sports Active is about 30 mins.
Lookin' good!

Sun: Can't remember :(
Mon: Dancing 30 min.
Tues: Warm Vinyasa Yoga 1 hr
Wed: Spin Class 45 min
Thur: Drank beer 1 hr (ok ok I know I know!)
Sounds like a GREAT exercise to me-LOL. I read that 8-14 drinks a week will help keep Alzheimer's at bay. Needless to say I will be drinking a beer every evening from now on! (In case y'all didn't know, my dad has that nasty disease)

There's a five-miler coming up next week. I haven't ran a race in a looooooong time, but I might start training for it. It's been a while since I ended my week with some LSD! :)
Now I have to bite...LSD?

Progress report: Bought tennis rackets and balls. Still planning on enrolling in tennis for beginners. Still no actual exercise :p, but it's a motivational work in progress. :)
Hey, it's a start, right? I've had a gym membership for the last 3 months to try and gain some upper body strength, have been maybe 10 whole times, but it's a start and I really do intend to try and figure out how to fit it in and make a habit of it.

Fraz_2006
07-19-09, 09:42 AM
Monday - Sunday.....

Done nothing.... and even the small things I probably did do... I can't remember doing them :(

ah.... its always a fuzz looking back over the week :(

justcallmedorie
07-19-09, 09:49 AM
Hey, I have to write down what I did. As a matter of fact, I have an alarm on my phone that reminds me to log my exercise or else I'd forget to. We feel your pain, trust me.

PS, as a fellow coffee-hound, I really like your avatar. :)

novagal
07-19-09, 10:58 AM
Now I have to bite...LSD?

Glad you bit, if you didn't I'd have had to. :D

Who do I talk to about this Friday thing? It comes around too fast, I'm wondering if there is a way to extend the time between Fridays? Maybe adding another day to the week, like we could have two Thursdays? Better yet, two Sundays? :p ( just woke up, ignore the silliness)

I did okay. Walks and weights on MWF.

NekoGirl
07-20-09, 11:59 AM
Glad you bit, if you didn't I'd have had to. :D

Long Slow Distance. A run just to get your millage up there and strengthen your endurance.

What were you guys thinking? :D

ETA: the 5 miler's next month, not next week.

novagal
07-20-09, 12:17 PM
What were you guys thinking? :D

ETA: the 5 miler's next month, not next week.

:D Honestly, nothing - a big zero - I had absolutely no clue about what that meant. Well, other than....which I knew it wasn't, but since you only had a week to train for the 5 miler, I was even more intrigued by the possibility....:p

Glad you have some time to train and won't need those mind altering substances! :D

I got out and did my walk/weights, added about ten minutes onto my walk. I really should drive around and see what the distance is, only because I'm curious.

novagal
07-24-09, 01:05 AM
Oh poo. This was last weeks results thread. I'm lost. I'm going to try another one.....

*running around knocking on threads*