View Full Version : adderall to vyvanse

twinch42085
07-18-09, 06:57 AM
Doctor switched me from 20mg adderall XR to 50mg Vyvanse. I felt like the adderall XR wore off too soon (within 6 hours). I also took a 10mg adderall booster along with th XR. The booster felt like television static in my head....just odd to me not to mention the irritability.

Question: What adderall XR dosage is equivalent to 50mg of Vyvanse?

After my first dose of Vyvanse I felt more in control of my thoughts than I did with the adderall. Very impressive :-) Lasts longer too. Less side effects i.e. Increased heart rate, nervousness, restlessness; for the main part.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Twinch

budwzr
07-18-09, 08:24 AM
I wanted to make a meaningful comment on your post, but the religious verbiage turned me away.

Just thought you'd like to know that.

budwzr
"If God is so great, why is there so much suffering?"

twinch42085
07-18-09, 09:00 AM
C'mon, Really? Your demeaning and irrelevant attitude is not the answer I was looking for.

I am here to get help for my ADD questions, and not to be patrionized for what a qoute says. It isn't pointed at anyone. I apologize if my qoute offended you.

I ask that you reconsider answering my original question :-)

Thank You

Twinch

P.S. God does not cause man to suffer. Man brings suffering upon himself through the freewill choices he makes. God brings relief of suffering and restores your strength.

Childe Roland
07-18-09, 11:29 AM
I wanted to make a meaningful comment on your post, but the religious verbiage turned me away.

Just thought you'd like to know that.

budwzr
"If God is so great, why is there so much suffering?"

Your hostility suggests insecurity. Atheists always amuse me. You are so religiously certain there is no god and even evangelize for your no-faith. Notice how believers and atheists share a need for certainty. You even ask the same questions. "Why is there suffering, lord?"

pADDat
07-18-09, 12:07 PM
Your hostility suggests insecurity. Atheists always amuse me. You are so religiously certain there is no god and even evangelize for your no-faith. Notice how believers and atheists share a need for certainty. You even ask the same questions. "Why is there suffering, lord?"

While I agree with you, some people (even religious people) don't like to be preached at. And everyone's got the same questions, people just find different answers for them :P.

Onto the original post, I'm glad it's helping you and (if it is helping you, why do you need to know what dosage would be equivalent? If that dose works - keep it :)). I know you might just be curious, but as they say: "Curiosity killed the cat."

twinch42085
07-18-09, 12:49 PM
Thank you for giving me incite to my question :-)

Yes, I am curious on the equivalences between vyvanse and adderall, but I believe I answered my own question from searching through old threads.

Thank You

Twinch

kiosk
07-18-09, 03:53 PM
P.S. God does not cause man to suffer. Man brings suffering upon himself

huh? so man is to blame for cancer? blindness? earthquakes, hurricanes? hmmmm...i beg u reconsider

interestingly enough, my ADD recovery has lead me to believe less and less in a divine entity....why cant humans just admit our ignorance when we dont understand something rather than make up about it?

there are 100 million stars in our galaxy alone, and there are 100 million galaxies just within our visible universe....what do we know of anything, god or otherwise???....am not atheist, i do believe in a god, I just dont pretend to know what my god is or what it does or does not do....

tomlinson
07-18-09, 04:01 PM
My understanding about Vyvanse:Adderall "equivalence"

70mg Vyvanse = 30mg Adderall
50=20
30=10

Also, it's important to know that Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and Adderall are different drugs.
Adderall contains 4 different amphetamine salts, while Vyvanse - after metabolization - contains only dextroamphetamine sulfate.

Here's some very useful info on this subject: http://adultadd.info/VyvClinInstx.htm

Fraz_2006
07-18-09, 04:05 PM
huh? so man is to blame for cancer? blindness? earthquakes, hurricanes? hmmmm...i beg u reconsider

interestingly enough, my ADD recovery has lead me to believe less and less in a divine entity....why cant humans just admit our ignorance when we dont understand something rather than make up about it?

there are 100 million stars in our galaxy alone, and there are 100 million galaxies just within our visible universe....what do we know of anything, god or otherwise???....am not atheist, i do believe in a god, I just dont pretend to know what my god is or what it does or does not do....

Perhaps not...

But i've seen... over weight men, alcoholics, drug addicts & gambliers..... also blaming "god" for all there problems...

People who blame "god" for "all" of there problems...

Is just as bad as people who blame "all" of there problems on "ADHD"

Sometimes problems are our own problems... and the only way to get over these problems is to pull our fingers out.

As for there being "millions" of stars in our galaxy alone...

This is not actually true....

There is a "few hundred" stars in our galaxy alone, there are hundreds of galaxies in the milkyway.... and there are (nobody knows how many) galaxies in the solar system.

Heres an interesting picture which contains hundreds of galaxies.... its called the "hubble ultra deep field"

http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/screen/opo0428b.jpg

This is only an image of a "spec" of space taken.

Lukw10
07-18-09, 05:19 PM

Actually man is to blame for a lot of things.. How about all those kids who have learning difficulties because their moms couldn't put down the liquor or cigs? The skin cancer people get because they need "omg less tan lines!" or the STD's passed around communities because of a few idiots? How about the thousands of people who get radiation poisoning, subsequent cancer, and die when nuclear weapons are utilized? Humans cause a lot of their own grief. Lets say a hurricane kills a couple thousand people (yeah it still sucks), let's weigh that number against the 400,000 people in the US who die every year to overeating/inexercise..

"my ADD recovery", sorry but either you are not truly recovered or you never had the condition in the first place. ADHD isn't like a stomach ache and doesn't just pass. You may have had some symptoms similar to ADHD.

And (finally) frankly your statement "why cant humans just admit our ignorance when we dont understand something" seems contradictory. You don't understand God and thus you "make up about it" by saying "[I]believe less and less in a divine entity". You "make up" that their is no higher power because you don't understand it.

Anyway, this isn't "letsdebatereligion.com" so how about we stick to the thread.

kiosk
07-18-09, 07:54 PM
As for there being "millions" of stars in our galaxy alone...

This is not actually true....

There is a "few hundred" stars in our galaxy alone, there are hundreds of galaxies in the milkyway.... and there are (nobody knows how many) galaxies in the solar system.

LOL...well I dont know what to say, but you are very wrong my friend, there ARE over 100mill stars in our galaxy....and last time I checked we only had "planets" in our solar system, not galaxies!!!!

anyways back to original post, I recently went from Vyvanse 70mg day and now on Adderall XR 30mg twice a day. At first Vyvanse seemed to works really nice, but started lasting shorter and shorter (5-6 hours) and also never stopped giving me nausea.
just keep an eye out for side effects and duration of effectiviness

tomlinson
07-18-09, 08:59 PM
I recently went from Vyvanse 70mg day and now on Adderall XR 30mg twice a day.

So, do you like the Adderall XR more than the Vyvanse? Sounds like it...

I'm thinking of making the same switch that you did; I'm on Vyvanse 70mg/day. It's not enough for me.
(Or maybe upping the Vyvanse to 70 mg twice a day - which I understand is roughly equivalent to Adderall IR 60mg/day or Adderall XR 30mg twice a day.)

kiosk
07-18-09, 09:30 PM
i actually took 70mg x 2 Vyvanse which I liked and gave me all day coverage, but was only prescribed 70mg daily, I took the two doses on my own and it worked for me.....I liked Vyvanse in general but two things made me move away from it

- nausea, stomach upset, headaches (yes drank plenty of water and protein rich foods)
- it gave focus but no sense of attention really, was very easy to focus on the "wrong" things and also gave me a "chill" attitude like if everything would be "ok"

I think the Adderall with the l-amp gives me more kick on the but to pay attention to the right things and sense of priority over other nonsense, but it does give some mild anxiety which Vyvanse didnt.....I had tried Adderall IR before, never XR so see where this goes. If XR doesnt work out I am thinkin stimulants are not for me and will perhaps try an SNRI or Wellbutrin rather

tomlinson
07-18-09, 11:26 PM
Very useful & helpful info, kiosk, thanks for posting it.

tomlinson
07-20-09, 01:31 AM
I've done a lot of reading on this recently because my pdoc appointment is very soon.

I guess the only way I'd really be able to tell would be to take some Adderall XR.
But based on my experience with Adderall IR, and the input I've received, I think I'll probably stick with Vyvanse.

Adderall does give that kick that I'll miss - but I still can get stuff done while on Vyvanse.
I also think Vyvanse gives me a bit of a different perspective on things that I've never had before.
I feel somewhat more able to plan into the future in a calm and thoughtful way.

Also, Vyvanse is better for me than Adderall IR was as far as appetite control, and I do have to take off a few.
Oddly enough, Adderall IR actually made me hungry. And Vyvanse seems to have reduced my anxiety level which is a very good thing.

Still not entirely decided though.

kiosk
07-20-09, 06:45 AM
does it make you hungry for sweets in particular? both XR and Vyvanse made me crave sweets which is due to low serotonin levels I have read.

generally speaking, having taken them both, I would say Vyvanse is a superior drug and should be tried first...."however" is important you think long term, initially it might feel like the best thing ever, but keep track of your improvement, side effect, and duration of effectiviness of the drug thru the day.....

tomlinson
07-20-09, 02:03 PM
does it make you hungry for sweets in particular? both XR and Vyvanse made me crave sweets which is due to low serotonin levels I have read.

Haven't been on the XR yet, but when I was taking the IR I was very hungry for sweets. I definitely have been eating fewer sweets - and eating less overall - since I switched from IR to Vyvanse.

generally speaking, having taken them both, I would say Vyvanse is a superior drug and should be tried first...."however" is important you think long term, initially it might feel like the best thing ever, but keep track of your improvement, side effect, and duration of effectiviness of the drug thru the day.....

Thanks again for your thoughts on this. It's really helpful having input from someone who's taken both XR and Vyvanse. I'll be seeing my pdoc tomorrow and have pretty much settled on Vyvanse over Adderall XR. Maybe will ask for some Adderall IR "boosters" as well.

Maurice
07-20-09, 11:55 PM
While I agree with you, some people (even religious people) don't like to be preached at. And everyone's got the same questions, people just find different answers for them :P.

Onto the original post, I'm glad it's helping you and (if it is helping you, why do you need to know what dosage would be equivalent? If that dose works - keep it :)). I know you might just be curious, but as they say: "Curiosity killed the cat."

And satisfaction brought the cat back!

Hoshi
07-22-09, 08:28 AM
Hey, hey, Childe Roland, about the "Atheists amuse me" comment... I suppose I consider myself atheist. But I dunno about the "need for certainty".. I just don't believe in God.

On that same token, I've never looked down upon people who are religious. Well, except for extremists who hold religion up as an excuse to kill or hurt others (and I'm not just referring to Islam or anysuch). I think everyone has the right to believe in whatever faith they wish - it's not my right to decide that for someone else. I won't demean someone for their choice. I think it's kind of awesome, really...to believe in something so much. Even if Heaven and Hell isn't real, I'm just glad it give solace and hope to those while they live. And if it is...it's nice to know people get their reward.

ANYWAY enough of that. I just wanna thank the OP for talking about their switch. Adderall has made my heart rate all crazy, and sometimes I feel really anxious... I'm considering giving Vyvanse a try. Thanks for the info on how it worked for you! :D Best of luck to you, and hopefully it will continue to work well for ya!