View Full Version : Adderall and the good/bad side effects - and question about wellbutrin with adderall

silent73
07-27-09, 11:29 PM
I have been on it for a couple of weeks now (adderall generic 10mg a day)

I may have to go on a stronger dose though, because 10mg seems way to small and I only feel it a little..

...what it has done, for those who haven't read my previous posts, is it has made my bupropion way stonger than normal... I only take half of what I was taking and it seems like it is 3 times as strong...

I would like to know if people have had good / bad experience with bupropion? and what a good ratio is?
I haven't had much luck with this question in the past though, so I will move on to the next..

I have only been on Adderall a couple of weeks and it does help me concentrate for sure..
I noticed a little bit that I can get confident at times where I normally lack confidence, is this normal for people taking adderall?
I ask, because I like feeling more confident, I am sure anyone does.
Does it make you conversate more?

It would be easier for me to tell if I wasn't on such a small dose.

Also I am used to having unusual dreams, because the bupropion... but lately I have been having straight up CRAZY dreams!! Whats up with that?

I would like some input or insight on this.

rossragsdale
07-28-09, 09:58 AM
Wellbutrin's main purpose is to treat to depression, therefore it is an anti-depressent.

So if you feel more confident, other positive effects, it's because the Wellbutrin.

johnny s.
07-28-09, 10:05 AM
you might need to give you body time to get used to the adderall before you go making any changes.

it affects your body a lot more at first then it does after you get used to it

eleanorabernathy
07-28-09, 10:47 AM
I'm off adderall right now, took it for a year, switched to vyvanse, and it doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING for me. I'm going to see about switching back.

I was taking 40mg adderall + 450mg wellbutrin. I never seem to think the wellbutrin is doing anything for me, until i skip it a few days, then I can tell for sure it IS working. :P

I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I can't say for sure vyvanse isn't working, but I can definitely say my sleep patterns really haven't changed that much since I've been on vyvanse, so I really think it's not doing anything for me.

I've always had weird/crazy dreams, even before meds, so I haven't noticed any increased weirdness with either adderall or wellbutrin.

silent73
07-28-09, 12:16 PM
I'm off adderall right now, took it for a year, switched to vyvanse, and it doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING for me. I'm going to see about switching back.

I was taking 40mg adderall + 450mg wellbutrin. I never seem to think the wellbutrin is doing anything for me, until i skip it a few days, then I can tell for sure it IS working. :P

I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I can't say for sure vyvanse isn't working, but I can definitely say my sleep patterns really haven't changed that much since I've been on vyvanse, so I really think it's not doing anything for me.

I've always had weird/crazy dreams, even before meds, so I haven't noticed any increased weirdness with either adderall or wellbutrin.

Great, thanks!

That was how I felt when I tried to stop Wellbutrin a couple of days.. all the sudden I was tired and not nearly as posative in my attitude, so I went straight back to it...
I was worried about the combo at first, but then after talking to others who take both, I felt better about it...

Kerstin
07-28-09, 12:52 PM
Wellbutrin for depression= Great
Wellbutrin for ADHD = debatable results (I say nay. Adderall is much better)

Yes, the crazy dreams are more than likely caused by WB. Its a lesser known side effect, but I have them too. I don't know how long you've been on WB, but the craziness seemed to decrease (for me anyway) over time. They sure are weird though!