View Full Version : Adderall&EnergyDrinks?

g_luckbot
08-01-09, 06:21 AM
I know it is probably not the best thing but does anyone take their ADD meds with other stimulants such as energy drinks, coffee, etc. Anyone know the effects like does it interfere with the medicine, enhance. Is it actually dangerous to have high caffeine drinks with ADD meds.
Also, was wondering if anyone craves highly caffeinated drinks like I do. For some reason if I don't take my meds with coffee or energy drink, I sort of crave it or keep thinking about it. Thanks

Childe Roland
08-01-09, 07:55 AM
You don't want to take them exactly at the same time because the energy drink is very acidic and would interfere with the absorption of your Adderall. You can drink your energy drink a bit later if you want. Some people get bad side effects when they mix caffeine with Adderall. I wouldn't overdo it. I take my morning coffee about a half hour after my Adderall. Then I might have more caffine (like an energy drink) in the afternoon when the Adderall is wearing off. Anyway, you don't need to worry too much. If caffine were counterindicated, there would be a warning in your prescription information.

cecily_parish
08-01-09, 09:20 AM
^What this person said. There have been a lot of posts about this in the past, so you might want to do a search to see what more people have said.

g_luckbot
08-01-09, 06:56 PM
OK Thanks