View Full Version : Advice needed!

Maroev
08-08-09, 12:04 PM
Glad to be here. Well recently I've started hanging out with a girl I know from school. i really like her alot but it's just that sometimes I feel that we really have very little things to talk about, especially since we have very different interests (as a typical ADHD kid I enjoy sports and challenging things whereas she's more of the less active type). Still we enjoy texting each other everyday and stuff. Any advice?

iggypop
08-08-09, 01:54 PM
it' simple....don't date her ,focus on school.think about your future. NOT HER:D

Plenty of time for girls after your done w/ school kid

Maroev
08-09-09, 01:02 PM
True, but she's different from the other girls I dated. Plus teen relationships are just different don't you think.

livinginchaos
08-11-09, 02:51 AM
Enjoy chatting with her and see what happens. You don't have to define anything right now. :)

Skully
08-11-09, 10:41 AM
If you enjoy talking to her then do so. No one says you have to date every girl you meet. You have to give relationships time to build. Don't rush things and just enjoy what the two of you have now.

Michiko74
08-13-09, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about what doesn't 'work'. If you enjoy texting her, then just do that. Just be aware should the relationship turn in a direction that you're not comfortable with. I'm not saying that it will go down that road. Just be aware it might. If it does, than you have to be clear that the two of you are just friends. Even if that means dissapointing her and not having a texting buddy for awhile.

doiadhd
08-13-09, 06:36 PM
Have you had a girlfriend in the past?I was a late bloomer,and felt I was missing out at the time....but have made up for that since.
If it goes well,and stays well,then keep it.If it starts to fade,let it go.
Think of it as good practice,enjoy your selves,and each other,but priorities-yourself.

chellechelle
08-13-09, 07:59 PM
well my boyfriend and i are like this and we both have adhd. he is alot more active then i am. i am sure there are many other things you might have in common.
perhaps start having real conversations and see what her other interests or passions are. learn a little bit about them, this will in turn inspire her to do the same. you dont always have to have everything in common to be together.

the love grows out of each of you teaching the other about yourselves...
good luck :)

Maroev
08-17-09, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the advice guys I knew people here see things differently.

well my boyfriend and i are like this and we both have adhd. he is alot more active then i am. i am sure there are many other things you might have in common.
perhaps start having real conversations and see what her other interests or passions are. learn a little bit about them, this will in turn inspire her to do the same. you dont always have to have everything in common to be together.

the love grows out of each of you teaching the other about yourselves...
good luck :)

Yep thanks chellechelle I found this really encouraging :)

*KJ*
09-04-09, 03:53 PM
I agree with what's above, but had a thought...

it sounds a little like you guys haven't learned how to communicate 'live'...

that's not good on a whole range of levels (for you, her or your friendship)...

My advice (not to advance the relationship necessarily) is to ask her if she'd like to do something...take a walk, rollerblade, bike ride, something like that (versus a movie or a 'date' kinda thing).

You guys could either be in a communication 'rut' with the texting or you could literally have little in common.

If it's the latter, it doesn't mean you can't be friends, or texting buddies, it just means that you definately don't want to date.

Trooper Keith
09-04-09, 07:09 PM
it' simple....don't date her ,focus on school.think about your future. NOT HER:D

Plenty of time for girls after your done w/ school kid

This is kinda silly advice I think. Live your life kid, you only have a few more years until you hit the real world and then the times of carefree dating start to close. High school relationships are their own little game and I don't think it'd be great to miss out on it all.

Talk to her about things she enjoys and (try to) listen when she tells you about them. Take some interest in things she's into. All relationships involve give and take, and they're all based on sharing with one another. If you show you're down with whatever she's into, she'll be more likely to be down with what you do, and then you'll have a relationship based on mutual exchange. A healthy relationship! Possibly too healthy for high school but we'll let you figure that out.