View Full Version : Adderal XR and feeling wiped out in the morning

JH376
08-16-09, 12:47 PM
I have been taking two, 30mg XR's per day. Once early in the morning and the second one around noon. I find it helps my focus a LOT, especially during the time of day after taking the second pill (maybe before the first one wears off).

I have though, been feeling more anxious on this dose, and so I have asked my Doc to give me a lower dose. So I have in my wallet, a new prescription for 25mg adderal XR 2x/day.

I started on Adderal 20mg XR 2x/day and that didn't seem like enough. That's why I went up to the 30mg capsules but that seems like maybe too much. I have been on adderal for a total of 5-6 months now

One thing I also notice is that when I wake up I feel totally wiped out- very groggy, very foggy minded. I've taken to waking up, taking a pill and going back to bed for 30 minutes or so after which I feel better.

Do other people feel this grogginess like I do? I can almost describe it like an adderal hangover. I'm hoping the 25mg pills will lessen that feeling but only time will tell.

I have tried taking days off of Adderal but I feel so crappy when I do that I end up having to take at least one pill to get over that horrible feeling.

I'd appreciate any comments you may have about this.

kb02gt
08-17-09, 02:15 AM
I too have had the same problem on Adderall (general). It kinda of puts my mind into over-drive. Then at night after the adderall has worn off, my mind felt wiped out, and I could probably sleep for a whole day.