View Full Version : Weird Phenomenon when attempting to take IR

Koblin3426
08-20-09, 07:31 PM
So my pdoc says I have OCD tendencies (I don't think it's REAL OCD) and I often don't take my meds when I should and it seems like it's an OCD thing. For instance, often when doing something I really like doing, I feel like I have to "prepare" for the situation so I can get the most out of it.

Before I watch TV, most of the time I'll make food or an assortment of snacks or candy. Or if I play video games my room HAS to be clean and I have to have my contacts in and sometimes I feel like I have to be dressed and ready for the day and such.

So I think what's happening is I want to "prepare", so to speak, for my medication by eating and getting ready and whatnot which in turn is making me procrastinate (it's reallllly difficult to think straight off my meds or do things I should be doing).

It's really annoying and I don't know if it's normal or not. Also, I take two 10mg of IR's a day (think I should be taking more now that I mention it) and it's like I'm afraid that if I take one before I'm ready, (gotten dressed, brushed teeth/scrap tongue/floss/mouth wash, contacts in, hair fixed, etc.) then I won't have enough medication to last me throughout the day (pills last like 5 hours, right?).

Anyway, any clarification on whether I'm being too picky or should be taking 3 pills a day or whatever would be VERY helpful. Thanks for any replies!