View Full Version : Dear Organizational Diary .. . .

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 11:21 AM
Dear Diary,

Today I am being forced to clean up my messy, cluttered apartment. I thought I'd be able to make a slow going of it, but it seems that the apartment faeries don't like that.

I awoke this morning to my neighbour's apartment leaking into my kitchen. There are steady leaks that's wreaking the cabinets and getting water everywhere.

I need to clean the kitchen, bathroom and living room before calling the caretaker to deal with it. I think the living room will consist of putting things in storage boxes and homing them in my bedroom. I have to do all of this by 230, in which time I need to leave for work. I already cancelled my morning client.

Wish me luck! I'll keep updating for my sanity and to toot my horn at my own accomplishments, 'cause this will be hell.

pADDyjay
08-24-09, 11:25 AM
:)Good luck...If its okay with you Ill be following your example...lol P

doiadhd
08-24-09, 11:52 AM
Hello Livinginchaos,

good luck,one room at a time.....lots of pit stops/coffee breaks,then you can change your name from Livinginchaos to Movingoutchaos or Chaosdon'tlivehereanymore.

GOogle:)

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 11:57 AM
Dear Diary,

I am almost finished washing dishes. I put bowls under the leaks. Next up, sweeping and mopping the floor and taking out the rug outside to whack the heck out of it.

Phew. Still stressed, but feel confident I can get most of it done - even if cleaning does include tossing the living room into storage bins to sort through at another time.

C.

doiadhd
08-24-09, 12:01 PM
Stand upwind of the rug....
Good luck,my day will come,lol

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 12:03 PM
Dear Diary,

I'm starting to freak out a bit. I only have 3 hours to do all this. EEEEK!
C.

pADDyjay
08-24-09, 12:11 PM
Dont look at the clock...turn off the tv ...listen to music...green trashbags fit nicely under the bed...:)

doiadhd
08-24-09, 12:17 PM
Bolt the doors,close the curtains....and hide!
The longest they will wait around will be an hour,so there's an hours rest and an hours worth of cleaning,gone.

GoodLuck.

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 12:18 PM
Dear Diary

It will be storage boxes and white bags under my bed and on top of my bed. GOod thing I can close the bedroom door!!

No coffee, but lots of water! My mini-breaks will be on here to update, If I don't update, I'm not sure i'll get back to cleaning what I need to clean.
Turned the AC on high. TV: off and high beat music: on

Thanks everyone!!!

C.

novagal
08-24-09, 12:20 PM
Patty's right, don't look at the clock, and green trash bags rock :)

Just one step at a time. Doesn't have to be perfect, good enough is good enough. (I love good enough)

you can do this. ;)

eminorsoul
08-24-09, 12:20 PM
Good luck, good luck! You can do it. Pressure always works for me!

Do the how-much-can-I-do-by-the-end-of-this-song game.

doiadhd
08-24-09, 12:27 PM
Eye of the Tiger!!
Raw eggs....*Ding**Ding* ((Rnd 2/3))

pADDyjay
08-24-09, 12:33 PM
UNDERPRESSURE...Queen and David Bowie:D

doiadhd
08-24-09, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR80EEsWauU

If Annie can do it:(

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 12:50 PM
Dear Diary,

All these lovely people who are encouraging me ROCK!! They all are making me smile and laugh despite this is normally an anxiety-filled task.

Kitchen is mostly finished, am letting some dishes soak. I'm in the bathroom and entrance to my apartment. All I have to do there is mop the floor and beat out the rugs.

Then, tackle the living room!!

I can do it!!
C

PS. I <3 Annie!

pADDyjay
08-24-09, 12:53 PM
:Dhe ha sounds like you're on the home stretch...piece of cake now:)

doiadhd
08-24-09, 12:55 PM
Dear Diary,

All these lovely people who are encouraging me ROCK!! They all are making me smile and laugh despite this is normally an anxiety-filled task.

Kitchen is mostly finished, am letting some dishes soak. I'm in the bathroom and entrance to my apartment. All I have to do there is mop the floor and beat out the rugs.

Then, tackle the living room!!

I can do it!!
C

PS. I <3 Annie!
"You can do it!!",
Save some for the Livingin(chaos) room

Stand up wind of rug,make big smoke,to sky-talk to other tribes.....

GOodluck:)

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 01:10 PM
Dear Diary,

I really wish I was on the home stretch. I have moved through the bathroom and kitchen fairly fast - all I have left to do is mop the bathroom floor and wash the dishes that are soaking. But the living room - such a HUGE tackle. I wish I could be Jeannie, in I Dream of Jeannie and blink it all organized and clean.

Thank goodness in therapy I'm working on not being a perfectionist. My apt will definitely not be perfect, but it will be "good enough" for people to come in. I'm not going to banish all clutter, 'cause clutter is part of me. But, it will be clean and have spaces that people can actually move around.

Soon, I'm getting to the hard part - the living room. As I've threatened before, I truly am going to toss things into storage bins, because I just need to get it done and worry about the "stuff" later on.

I can do it! I'm going to start burning cedar sage to cleanse the place.

Thanks!

C.

novagal
08-24-09, 01:12 PM
*cueing theme from Rocky*

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 01:26 PM
Dear Diary,

Mopping is DONE! I "cheated" and put rugs down in the kitchen so I wouldn't have to mop. I don't really consider it cheating, it's just not perfection = and i'm ok w/ that.
Put a pizza in to take a break for lunch when it's done in 13 minutes.

Dishes are still soaking. Finishing up some kitchen things then . .. .

Dum. .dum da-dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum . . .

LIVING ROOM!

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 02:01 PM
Dear Diary,

I'm starting to work on the living room. It's pretty overwhelming and I really don't want to deal with it. But, I'm going to.

C.

doiadhd
08-24-09, 02:38 PM
Dear Livinginchaos,

You must face'The Big Boss',
You are the chosen one!,
Your guests might have really clean houses?!

GOodLuck,may the force be with you.

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 02:39 PM
oy vey. It seems like I've hardly made a dent. I need to stop at 215p, so I can quick shower and get to work. On the way to work, I'll call the caretaker.

eminorsoul
08-24-09, 02:46 PM
You kept working the whole time! And now you're not stopping so you can read comics or watch TV but to go to work!

That's real success.

ginniebean
08-24-09, 05:49 PM
I left my oven unfixed for six months because I couldn't keep up.. GO YOU GO!

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 09:40 PM
You kept working the whole time! And now you're not stopping so you can read comics or watch TV but to go to work!

That's real success.

Thank you, eminorsoul, for that wonderful reminder. I still did an amazing job.

Tonight, I have to fix my vacuum. I couldn't vacuum, it won't suck anything in. I have to be honest. I didn't call the caretaker. I waited to see if my neighbour had issues too, but she doesn't, so I'm calling the caretaker as soon as I get home.

I shouldn't feel ashamed of my messiness/clutterness, but I do. I'll clean more tonight, but not much, 'cause I'm just leaving work and I'm tired!

Thank you all SO very much for your encouragement and support! I very much looked forward to reading comments as I was updating.

Dear Diary,

While I wasn't as successful as I had hoped, I still got a lot done with cleaning today. I want to continue and try to clean something everyday so it doesn't get so bad.

C.

pADDyjay
08-24-09, 09:47 PM
:)just enjoy looking at all you did today...I bet you will sleep good tonight:)

livinginchaos
08-24-09, 11:24 PM
I hope so!

livinginchaos
09-03-09, 08:16 PM
Dear Diary,

my living room is starting to get cluttery like before (not too bad, though), so I'm going to take 10 minutes to clean up tonight.

Then, later this evening, I'm going to take 10 minutes to clean the kitchen.
The bathroom still looks good!

I'm quite proud of myself for my living room/kitchen/bathroom staying somewhat decent.
One of these days I'll tackle my bedroom.

C.

doiadhd
09-03-09, 09:02 PM
Hello li/C,

Set,
.......Go,

..............GOogle

livinginchaos
12-28-09, 04:33 AM
It's TIME AGAIN!!! my house is a disaster once again.

I'm taking it slow
. . .
Monday - (unless I meet up with my out of town sister - in which case nothing will get done)
- buy some small tubs/bins to fit under my coffee table to hold all the crap
- start to fill those tubs/bins with crap under my coffee table and POOF away what I don't need.
- the top of the coffee table must be nice, washed off with not too many things on it.

Tuesday -
tackle the bathroom - not too bad, won't take too long
toilet, shower/bathtub, clean floor, organize wall shelves

Wednesday
Laundry. Get at least 3/4 of the main laundry DONE
clear out the laundry/mirror/fireplace area

That's it for the week, unless I get some time off. If I do, I'll be back to update!

livinginchaos
12-29-09, 02:40 AM
today, I bought some bins and 3-drawer things, put some crap in them. I didn't get everything done, but I'm happy with what I got done!