View Full Version : Focusing with Music

movingforward
08-24-09, 12:24 PM
I am really trying to get to know myself more. Trying to see what works for me to focus.

I found that when I listen to House music and do my work I can focus more. I can focus more because House music typically does not have any lyrics and also it is blasting and providing a lot of stimuli to my ears that I drown out the stimuli of my surrounding environment and focus on the task. But of course I do get distractions but I don't feel as bored w/o the music.

I just want to share with you all if you guys are looking for some ideas or suggestions with focusing. It might work for you. You can try different kinds of music to try to focus. I particularly like using the iTunes radio so if I feel bored with a certain type of genre I can easily switch to another.

odsybmx734
08-24-09, 12:36 PM
I find music can help me focus too. Music by the band Tool is what works best for me.

lforman
08-25-09, 01:39 PM
I've been playing drums for most of my adult life and now play didgeridoo. Check it out. Get some didg music, it calms me down. And you can buy a PVC pipe and start learning. Once you circular breath, its like floating and I can relax and destress in 10mins.

Lisa

meadd823
08-26-09, 02:51 AM
I am reading while listening to "techno" via over the ear head phones - I am able to concentrate much better to fast upbeat music preferably without words

odsybmx734
08-26-09, 08:31 AM
I have been told and have read as well, classical music stimulates the brain or something.. something all scientificy like that lol...but I would probably kill myself before anything productive went down.

movingforward
08-26-09, 11:36 AM
For me classical music does calm me down and make me more relaxed, but if I need to read or do something that requires lots of focus (especially something I'm reluctant to do) it makes me fall asleep...I think our brains are looking for lots of stimulation and music that provides that (music w/o lyrics) can help you focus.

I have been told and have read as well, classical music stimulates the brain or something.. something all scientificy like that lol...but I would probably kill myself before anything productive went down.

Turbochica
08-26-09, 12:12 PM
Listening to music helps me focus too. especially with boring things like house work. the type of music varies depending on my mood.
yess iTunes is wonderful . It's great to put a play list together of what I like to listen too . I like it that I can enjoy the music with out interruption and the toons I like :)

cosinezero
03-29-10, 05:46 PM
Jungle/Drum & Bass, or Breaks for me. Something with a good breakbeat gets my head nodding and heart thumping and blood pumping.

For that matter, you want a good mix - google me (cosinezero) and you'll find a few mp3 sites hosting some dj mixes I laid down a few years back. It's motivational music, for sure. One, that you might find called laugh.mp3 (titled "you make me laugh") is more upbeat, funky, uplifting - while cry.mp3 (titled "I make you cry") is darker, more sinister and brooding tho still energetic.

PM me if you enjoy!