View Full Version : Any news on Focalin generic?

MADD_MEN
08-27-09, 10:38 PM
It doesn't seem like Focalin is a very common med for us ADDers. I'm not sure why since it seems to be a better form of Ritalin (they're both methylphenidate), but Focalin has the cleaner, more effective isomer.

that being said....

Does ANYONE know what the deal is with generic Focalin? Why did Teva discontinue? Is it coming out again?:mad:

elegy
08-28-09, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure why there's been this shortage, as I've said in other posts. But, I DO have some news...

Filled my Focalin 10mg tabs/180 count script Tuesday and got Teva generic!!

It appears to be back, or at the very least not discontinued. :p

MADD_MEN
08-28-09, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure why there's been this shortage, as I've said in other posts. But, I DO have some news...

Filled my Focalin 10mg tabs/180 count script Tuesday and got Teva generic!!

It appears to be back, or at the very least not discontinued. :p

Really? Very interesting. This is good to know. I hope I have the same experience next time.

Thanks for sharing.

MADD_MEN
08-30-09, 12:36 PM
Well, I called the two pharmacies where I get my prescription filled, and both said they still couldn't get it. Maybe it's a regional thing. But of course most pharmacies won't answer over the phone because of Focalin being Schedule II, only pharmacies where they can look my name up. And if you go into the pharmacy, they want to see your script, which I won't have until my next appointment.