View Full Version : New to Adderall, and having a problem.

BrianTexas
08-30-09, 09:23 AM
:confused:

So i have been taking Adderall XR 20mg for 1 week and 2 days now. Well as of yesterday, i wake up, smoke a ciggarette, and pop my adderall with a glass of water, surf the web....

this is my daily routine as always, except, yesterday and today, i have taken my adderall and felt nothing at all. Just want some advice, or something to help my body absorb it. i mean, the first week was amazing, and i don't mean that drug high amazing. i mean mental clarity.

BrianTexas
08-30-09, 01:23 PM
noone? an update..... i took another 3 hours later to see if something would happen...nothin.

Maurice
08-30-09, 01:54 PM
I have been taking Adderall XR for a year and a half. I take two 25mg. capsules a day.
I do not "feel it" and have not for a long long time although it is still working just fine.
If you really think that it is doing 'nothing" try going a day without taking any. I bet all you will do is sleep.

BrianTexas
08-30-09, 01:57 PM
Well, ill try not taking it tomorrow, and see if i sleep all day. Even though, i doubt thats true, because i sleep just fine right now.

blackhawks21
08-30-09, 03:53 PM
I'm new to adderall as well, been on it a week. I was prescribed 20mg adderall (brand name not generic, and IR not XR) and I do not feel any different on it. I did some research and found out that the different generics/names are made by different companies (obviously) and not all the formulas act the same. The adderall I'm on is brand name, made by "Barr".

-"Barr" was once a generic version of adderall, but bought out the previous maker of the brand name. Now Barr is the brand name maker, and they continue to use they're old generic formula.

-Some people report different reactions with different makers...

-It seems Barr adderall gets mixed reviews... some say it works fine, some say it doesn't work, and some say it has nasty side effects (headaches, anxiety, etc).

-CorePharma makes a generic adderall... many say it doesn't work, while some others say it gives a boost of energy, socialness, and euphoria.

-It seems the most positive reviews come from "Sandoz" which was previously Eon Labs. Nearly every review says this generic adderall works even better then the original version. I personally haven't tried this (I've only had Barr for a week), however I plan on having my pharmacy order this.

Keep in mind that all my research was directed at Adderall IR, not XR...

CrazyJoezx
08-30-09, 06:09 PM
yea...i feel the same way..i was on vyvance for the 1st 3 weeks and it was "ok" i would get the hyper focus i needed but only for a few hours...
so i moved over to adderall for the past week and got pretty much nothing...i wasnt "as sleepy" as norm but i wouldnt call it anything great or "life changing" as others do...

Im gonna start taking 2 a day to see if it helps at all...

BTW your like the 3rd person i seen say it does "nothing"...so your not alone in this..i dont know if the formula has changed or what...if anyone knows if the formula for XR has changed and can make recommendations on which brand to go to for XR pls do...i think it would help the few of us with this issue
good luck BrianTexas , if i find anything out ill besure to let you know :)

BrianTexas
08-30-09, 08:05 PM
Appreciate the feed back, yeah i don't know what the deal is lol. :]

eminorsoul
08-30-09, 10:18 PM
Adderall XR 20 mgs is a pretty low dose. My doctor told me it was the equivalent of 5 mgs IR, which is the lowest you can get prescribed.

That said, I think you may be confusing mental clarity with the rush of taking it for the first time. This goes away after about a week, in my case. It was actually BETTER after it went away. It does still work, as Maurice said.

You may need a higher dose, especially if you're a bigger person or have a very acidic diet (that would cause you to absorb less). However, do NOT chase the rush. It won't do any good.

Alternately, try not taking it for two or three days (a free weekend, if you got it), then take it again and you may feel the same mental clarity again. There is little, if any, scientific evidence to back this up, but anecdotally, it works for me, and I've read similar advice here on the forums.

Roserazzle
08-30-09, 10:28 PM
well said eminorsoul
I take 20 AXR in the morning and 10 AXR after lunch sometime.
I just feel normal. I do not feel hyper or euphoric or whatever. I do not want to feel that way. The first time I took an increased dose (I have been increasing every week starting at 5mg every am, so that was pretty low, this was a slow process for me) I felt a bit spacey or something like that, light headed and yeah maybe 'speedy' is the word, but that passes
I just wanna be me :-)