View Full Version : 10 mg Adderall XR HELP!!!!

Anewday
09-02-09, 02:20 PM
Hello. I just started 10 mg of Adderall XR at 10am this morning. I was very VERY anxious before I took the medication in fear of its side effects and so on. Right now its 2:14pm 4 hours after I took my 10 mg dose of adderall. I was diagnosed with ADHD. So I think my anxiety has gotten the best of me this morning b/c I still feel jittery and anxious. I dont feel as though Im focusing very well. Im sitting here trying to do my school work and I am thinking over and over silly worries and thoughts. I feel a speedy effect but im not sure if this is just the ADHD and how I am or if the medicine is making me feel this way. What Im trying to say I feel this way normally all jittery and hyper. Im just wondering if anyone ever felt this way or how did anyone feel when they took there first 10mg dose of Adderall XR. Long LONG ago I took an adderall b/c someone gave it to me and I felt so focused and this was before I was diagnosed with ADHD. Im wondering why I am feeling like this and if any one feels the same way in the begining. I have to say some moments I have been feeling ok but then I revert back to the anxious thoughts about all of this. What is going on?!?!?!? Any help would be fantastic. I am also grinding my teeth and its annoying. Can I have a beer or something? lol. Thanks:eek:

really
09-02-09, 02:53 PM
10mg IR generic here

Don't know if this is any help, but once it wears off for me, I start to become pretty irritable, sensitive, and anxious. It hasn't been that bad for me yet, but everyone is different.

About being nervous about the meds, I was exactly there. I found that being nervous and overfocused on the meds actually messed up treatment and slowed the progress down. I ended up going nuts over all sorts of little details. At one point I thought I was having major heart issues and stopped taking the pill. My psych had to get on my case and get me back on. Turns out, there was NOTHING wrong.

What had happened was I imagined the whole thing. I would get sensations, darn convincing ones too, and then all I did was try to see if I could recreate the sensation anywhere else on my body. Turns out I could, no matter how strong. And pretty quickly they all started to go away as I stopped focusing on them.

odsybmx734
09-02-09, 04:18 PM
Maybe 10mg isn't a high enough dose so you aren't noticing anything. I don't have ADHD, I have the inattentive type so I don't know what it feels like to feel jittery naturally... just when I take my adderall it can make me jittery.

Sometimes adderall causes anxiety for me and other times it gets rid of it. After taking this stuff for so long I can relate to you feeling ok and then reverting back to not so ok.... I never really have days where I feel the beneficial effects of adderall consistently, it is always up and down all day.

I bite my tongue and grind my teeth all day long without even realizing it.

I started on 20mg XR, moved to 30mg Xr, and am back on 20mg Xr. The 30mg works better for me I think, but it makes me really sick and I feel like it destroys my body.

Anewday
09-02-09, 04:19 PM
Wow thank you really. I think that is my reaction too! Thank you so so so much. Now that the pill is wearing off I feel better or maybe its because time has gone by and I realize nothing bad has happened to me from taking it. Today wasn't that great of progress for me but it was only my 1st day and I was overally anxious so I believe it through me way off. Oh well. I guess I will take it again tomorrow and keep trying. I hope tomorrow is better. Im glad you are better with all of this. My Dr. says I have a severe case of ADHD and that the meds may really help me. All I can do is try and hope. Thanks again

really
09-03-09, 01:32 AM
No problem, Anewday! I am just so glad you're getting your ADHD treated. It's like, "DAMN!" once you let it all settle in. ;)

And I think you and I are just in the same boat. I only started treatment one month before you...........

How old-ish are you?

really
09-03-09, 01:33 AM
I bite my tongue and grind my teeth all day long without even realizing it.

Same. My whole face gets a workout! If anything, we'll be chewing through steel before we know it. Superman, move over, steel muncher in town!

Anewday
09-03-09, 02:42 PM
Hey really!! I am a 27yr old female and my name is Kristen. How about you?

really
09-05-09, 03:08 PM
Whoa! Are you serious? We are in the exact same spot (except I'm a member of the smellier sex).