View Full Version : WOW How can this be?

minorthreat
09-07-09, 02:14 PM
Ok so i started taking adderall about 6 weeks ago. The doc prescribed 90 5mg, I took 4 of them in the morning to qual 20 mg. Well i sent back to the doc to just get 20 mg tabs instead of 5 mg. well these r not working at all and it is really starting to **** me off lol. I tried taking them 4 different times and nothing at all, what gives this makes no since at all. I call the place where i got them, and the guy said they only use 1 brand of adderall is its not 2 different brands. Shouldnt they both have the same effect? The 5mg pills were blue and the 20mg pills were red/ orange. I dont know what todo, what gives?. Thanks for the help I think this is the brand name MFK Corepharma -

Coldhandedman
09-07-09, 04:34 PM
EDIT: 90 5mg tabs were meant not to be taken all at once BTW. The prescription should be 3 a day spread out. Since Adderall is a month to month prescription. Therefore 90 tabs devided by 30 days would be 3.

Define not working. For instance when I first took Adderall XR, after 4 days I thought they werent working, because I wasn't a zombie. I got frustrated, tried a different drug and another and then gave up.

A year later, I decided to take the rest that I had (not at the same time) and noticed the same thing. 4 days I was a zombie then after that not a zombie.

I decided to see what the difference was.

I found out that it was working but I was able to do more. I was 90% less impulsive with immaturity. I was soft spoken with my wife vs harsh or quick to respond. etc.

I started to get really bad depression and got off of it, but now that I have insurance again I am going to go see the Dr. on Friday and try Adderall IR or an Amphetamine Salt Mixture which people have said they don't get depressed with.

I would say to write down things that you notice are different, to see if in fact it might be working to a great degree.

Just my .02

really
09-07-09, 05:53 PM
Oh man, corepharma? That's one of the worst in my experience!

You can ask your doctor to specifically state on your prescription not to fill with Ranbaxy/Corepharma.

WanderingNobody
09-08-09, 10:08 AM
Get the Sandoz generic.

Lindsey54
09-08-09, 07:45 PM
I ended up getting my rx filled (for 20mg's 2x daily) with CorePharma. IT IS TERRIBLE. It makes me super grouchy, just snapping at everything. Core makes me really angry and doesnt control my symptoms. It feels not as smooth and is really harsh. I had never really thought twice about the 'brand', but it DOES make a difference. I had always been filled with Barr, and I am used to the way it feels.

wendy18o
09-08-09, 08:06 PM
Ok so i started taking adderall about 6 weeks ago. The doc prescribed 90 5mg, I took 4 of them in the morning to qual 20 mg. Well i sent back to the doc to just get 20 mg tabs instead of 5 mg. well these r not working at all and it is really starting to **** me off lol. I tried taking them 4 different times and nothing at all, what gives this makes no since at all. I call the place where i got them, and the guy said they only use 1 brand of adderall is its not 2 different brands. Shouldnt they both have the same effect? The 5mg pills were blue and the 20mg pills were red/ orange. I dont know what todo, what gives?. Thanks for the help I think this is the brand name MFK Corepharma -
Here's the deal: Different amounts like a 20mg v. a 5 mg are EACH DIFFERENT! How do I know? Lotsa experience. Find the number of the brand you take to best, then try the 5 first. Usually fives are the best even if you take 4 in the AM... just my nickle