View Full Version : Finally!!!!

Crazygirl79
09-17-09, 12:58 AM
I just recieved an email from the Minds and Hearts clinic here in Brisbane just to confirm that I still want to keep my name on the waiting list (yes it's a very looooooong list as I called them in April!) I replied back saying yes please keep my name on the list as I would like to get some SID issues addressed and I should have an appointment by the end of this year or early next year:)

Selena:)

chips
09-17-09, 02:35 AM
Good Stuff. I know Minds & Hearts have such a long waiting list. My partner originally enquired there mid last year & was told about the long waiting time. He got referred to a fantastic clinical psychologist on the coast here that could diagnose him for his Asperger's & ADHD. It only took a week to get in to see her. Try getting in to see Tony Attwood is something like a 15 year wait!!!!

Crazygirl79
09-17-09, 03:31 AM
I was actually told that Tony Attwood didn't take new patients anymore, I do have mildly autistic traits but not enough to get a diagnosis of AS etc but I definitely fit into the catergory for Sensory Integration Dysfunction (I have just about every symptom at one time or another)

I've heard a lot of good about this clinic and could you please tell me what the price is for a consultation as I forgot to ask.

Selena:)Good Stuff. I know Minds & Hearts have such a long waiting list. My partner originally enquired there mid last year & was told about the long waiting time. He got referred to a fantastic clinical psychologist on the coast here that could diagnose him for his Asperger's & ADHD. It only took a week to get in to see her. Try getting in to see Tony Attwood is something like a 15 year wait!!!!

chips
09-17-09, 03:38 AM
It's about $200 for a consult & you get about $110 back on medicare. It would be worth asking though just to make sure incase of price rise. Our psych does monthly clinic sessions with Tony Attwood which is really good. About as close to God as we can get LOL :D

Crazygirl79
09-17-09, 04:17 AM
LOL, yeah thanks for the prices and I will check that it hasn't gone up and whatever.

Thanks
Selena