View Full Version : Diazepam 5mg

sarey
09-24-09, 02:10 PM
Anyone got any experiences with it?

I'm on it short term for sleeping, but I've read it can also help with anxiety problems & also withdrawal symptoms(I have just come off Tramadol very recently and I am unsure if I'm still going through the withdrawal, my dr said looks like I may have (yet another) virus) so I may be killing 2 birds with 1 stone, I have 8 tablets so very short term but still!

So yeah.
x

arrested_truth
09-24-09, 04:41 PM
Being given diazepam for short term dealing with opiate dependence isn't the best option in my opinion; having said, it does do wonders for help with sleep and even muscle tension. In my experience, being introduced with Ativan (lorazepam) for short term anxiety treatment was a god send--- but as soon as I ran out of my emergency room visit prescription, I proceeded to go back and get another. Which was probably not the most sensible solution, because it makes you unaware of the minor dependence you can get from it.
I'm not 'banned' per se from receiving anymore benzos for whatever ailment I bring up to a physician, but I've definitely learned that it REALLY IS better to only take one or any anxiolytic med IN the onset of a panic attack or jolt in agitation that may lead up to such.
I currently have a very limited supply of diazepam 10mg for such cases, or even (in my opinion) the exception if I experience a hard crash from my adderall, due to other factors I may have mistakenly skipped throughout the day... like not being hydrated enough, eating enough, or for the worn out rebound effect that I get every so often that I just cannot STAND

kiosk
09-24-09, 06:59 PM
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm on it short term for sleeping

dont use benzos for sleeping! they impact sleep cycle and inhibit deep sleep pattern which affects your body ability to recover...you might feel like they are helping but they arent!

Despite the fact that newer, safer non-benzodiazepine sleeping pills have been developed for insomnia (e.g., Ambien, Sonata), the traditional benzodiazepines (Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, Restoril, Dalmane, etc) are still the most widely prescribed medications for insomnia.

Most patients who are prescribed benzodiazepines, particularly older adults, continue to use them for prolonged periods. This recent study published in the journal Sleep by Dr. C.H. Bastien and her colleagues at the Laval University in Canada examined the effects of regular use of benzodiazepine sleeping pills in older adults on sleep EEG parameters.

The researchers measured the sleep architecture of three groups of older adults in the sleep lab: good sleepers, insomniacs who were drug-free, and insomniacs who used benzodiazepines regularly (at least 3 nights per week for at least 3 months).

They found that, relative to good sleepers, the benzodiazepine users spent more time in light sleep (stage 2) and less time in deep sleep (stages 3 and 4). Compared to unmedicated insomniacs and good sleepers, the benzodiazepines users also exhibited more micro arousals (brief awakenings) during the night. The researchers also used power spectral analysis of EEG activity to examine the amount of power in various EEG frequency bands (such as delta EEG) across the night.

sarey
09-25-09, 02:51 AM
:/

Well I'm only on it for short term, it's just to break my cycle.

But it has said it's good for withdrawal as well as anxiety (which I suffer which pretty badly) so I just thought for the next few days I could at least be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.