View Full Version : IEP meeting tomorrow

zach_&_sam_mom
09-24-09, 10:53 PM
I got a last minute call for IEP meeting, which is no big deal I have the day off, and a phone call rather than a note is what I needed. I informed them that I suspected that there was a comorbid condition. So the district psychologist wasn't going to be at the meeting, but now she will.

IDK, maybe he's just quirky, and I really hope that's what it is. Although, if he does have a comorbid condition it would nice to have a clue or somewhere to go with this.

elegy
09-25-09, 11:35 AM
Good luck! I'm so glad the psychologist could make it.

I actually get kind of excited over my PPT and IEP meetings, to be honest, lol. Remember - this is your time to advocate for your son and state your son's needs, as well as what you need as his parent, and hopes and expectations. I don't know how old your son is, but hopefully he is able to participate in the meeting and voice his concerns, as well.

I'm sure it's too late already, but I find that going over what I want to bring up and discuss at the IEP meeting, and writing it down, helps tremendously with making the most of the meeting and working towards results. It also helps me to go over what my expectations are for the outcome of the meeting, what I hope will happen, and how realistic my hopes are.

I hope it goes well and post an update if you can!:)

gunner's mom
09-25-09, 02:42 PM
i feel stupid asking this, but what is an IEP meeting?

elegy
09-25-09, 04:00 PM
Individualized Education Plan (http://www.ed.gov/parents/needs/speced/iepguide/index.html).

Don't feel stupid for asking - some may consider it 'stupid' to not ask.:p

Kiddder
09-25-09, 04:14 PM
...what's a meeting? heh heh heh.....close to quiting time Friday and my mind is drifting away from serious things....finally....

zach_&_sam_mom
09-26-09, 09:03 AM
The meeting went well. After 5 years there's not many changes. His resource time didn't change, but the resource teacher said to the teacher . He also has speech, which I thought he would be dropped from since there's only a couple of sounds. Instead the speech teacher is going to work on grammatical speech, and conversational speech. As in don't say everything that you think.

I make a list of the behaviors that I was concerned about and accomodations that I thought he had. They are leaning towards autism, which the resource teacher said that she asked several years ago if DS was autistic. So I got a questionaire, the teacher got one, and they gave the resource teacher one because she has worked with in for the last 5 years.