View Full Version : i need your help

tako
09-29-09, 10:35 PM
ok. so for my speech class i am going to do an informative speech on adhd. the speech will have to be 6 to 8 minutes long. now we all know that finding enough information on adhd to fill this time frame will not be very hard.

i am not looking for your help because i cant fill the time with my own research. i am asking you guys to tell me the things that you would like me to tell during my speech. unfortunately i cant just use your opinions on adhd, but i can use facts and statistics as long as you can direct me to a source

blueroo
09-30-09, 09:10 AM
You're asking us to do your homework for you?

tako
09-30-09, 05:15 PM
no you *************************************** censored comments **************************. im asking you guys if there are any specific things that you think other people should hear about. i can find plenty of information for my speech on my own.

Trooper Keith
09-30-09, 05:29 PM
Would you be interested in seeing a PowerPoint presentation I did for my public speaking course as a Freshman in undergrad?

tako
09-30-09, 08:24 PM
thanks for the offer, but i dont really need help writing my speech, i was just wondering if there was anything that you guys felt that i should definitely tell to the other kids during my speech.

Trooper Keith
09-30-09, 08:26 PM
I was offering more so you could see the kinds of things I talk about. Keep it general, lay down some statistics, properly cite some sources. Quote the DSM criteria if you want, but don't stand up there and list them because that's tedious and not good form. Just make them available. I'd focus on statistics and current research demonstrating that it is a real disorder with serious research going into it.

FrazzleDazzle
09-30-09, 08:50 PM
You might go into the statistics of undiagnosed and untreated ADHD. Those that self-medicating (drugs, alcohol, other substance abuse or addictions that raise dopamine levles), or the stats of those in trouble with the law or in prisons with untreated ADHD, or educational statistics such as how undiagnosed/untreated children do in school versus diagnosed/treated, how those stats affect graduating levels, dropouts, and those who go on and do with higher education. Just to name off a few?

You might find some resources here (http://bigsplace.com/).