View Full Version : Meds? Help

dogtired
10-06-09, 02:55 AM
I was diagnosed maybe two years ago, compulsive, anxious, and ADHD

tried Ritalin, focalin no luck, adderall, dexadrine, and vyvanse. Vyvanse was good for a bit with Xanax for anxiety, but ten it seemed to stop working.

Back on adderall 20mg of xr two times a day, is that alot?
I also take klonopin up to two mg per day, and zoloft 150mg a day

zoloft isnt working and although no terrible side effects I just don't feel right
so the OCD is like all "obsessing" and I am thinking of luvox cr or lexapro,
anyone like those mess or know???

Aleloco
10-06-09, 03:03 AM
I dont know a lot about meds, but never, and i mean never, as in never never never, self medicate. Docs spend years studying to be able to prescribe them. I think you should wait until your next appointment, write this stuff down and show it to you doc. I hope everything turns out alright

rd_wnc
10-06-09, 06:16 AM
I take 20mg of Adderall and 20mg of celexa (closest generic my insurance accepts) but was on Lexapro.

I find the combination good most days but I know some people go up to 60mg of Adderall.

It's an art as much as a science to find the combination that works. I got lucky.

Documenting everything is good and talking to your doctor is essential.

My doctor initially treated 1 thing before adding the 2nd med. He wouldn't give me the ADD meds until the depression lined out. I ended up switching meds (from Strattera to Adderall) but the 1 thing at a time at least let me know what was working and the ADD was something I was used to so the depression was more urgent.

Best of luck.