View Full Version : Does Wellbutrin work better with another med?

Gills66
10-19-09, 09:03 AM
After trying Strattera and loving the results but not the side effects, ritalin SR, dexadrine and Concerta my doctor wants me to try Wellbutrin. I have been so tired and not motivated on everything but Strattera and since Wellbutrin is an SNRI like Strattera I'm hoping this may be the one. From what I have read most people take it along with another med ie Ritalin. Would this be more likely to cover all symptoms? Thanks.

98thpercentile
10-27-09, 12:26 PM
I tried Wellbutrin 150mg by itself and all it did was make me feel good about being ADD.

I bumped up to 300mg a month later, and it made me very confused. I even got lost coming back to the office from lunch on the first day of 300mg!!

I then tried Wellbutrin 150mg with Adderall XR 30mg, and that seemed to work well for a week or two until the really bad Adderall XR side effects started (chronic sleep depravation, mood swings, and anger episodes) and the Wellbutrin made me very apathetic and emotionless on top of those.

Michiko74
10-27-09, 10:14 PM
I think using two drugs does cover all your symptoms. I find that Dexedrine is a great 'boost', I don't think it really works in the focus/concentration department. When I was in school full time, I used both dexedrine and strattera.