View Full Version : Kazdin Method?

JustTired
10-23-09, 02:25 PM
Just curious if anyone has read, used, or has been part of his study here? If so did it work on your ADHD child? I'm at my wits end with my 9 yr daughter. Everything I need her to do she cannot do in a timely manner to get her to school without my monitoring/nagging her. I've tried giving her waking her up earlier. Every school day is a battle. I feel like a failure and a bad parent. If it were only limited to early morning it would be one thing, but it's the same way at other times too. It just seems like she is doing anything and everything except what I need her to do.

MGDAD
10-26-09, 11:55 AM
I have not read that book, but hear it is pretty good.

With ADHD kids, getting ready in the morning is difficult. It is not that they are not trying, it is just very difficult for them. Your not a bad parent. Unfortunately, I still follow my 11yo around every morning to ensure she does what she needs to to get ready. Meds have not kicked in yet, it is just the way it is.

chitwnmomma
12-04-09, 03:52 AM
I've started reading and implementing some of what I've learned, and Its worked well so far. I have to finish the book though to get the full effect, however, I have found that I've had to change my parenting style, and it really worked for me and my 9 year old daughter. Just stay on track with it.