View Full Version : Buspar, headaches and high starting dosage?

RestlessAbbey
10-29-09, 03:33 PM
Ok,
so I have anxiety so the dr suggested I try buspar.
At first I say no due to trying it in the past and it not helping.
I end up changing my mind and calling the dr.s nurse.
So the nurse lets me know she was able to call in a RX for me.

So I get it and it 10mg 3x daily. I was like isnt that high? Now I get that maybe she did this because I said in the past I didnt notice a difference, however I am still starting this "anew", my body still has to readjust to it, it's not like I have any in my body. I also believe I am a "hot reactor" to a lot of meds and I told my dr early on that I like to start at low dosages and work up, because otherwise how do you know if you just need a low dosage? And you brain chemistry can change too, the whole kindling effect and yadda yadda.

Anyway...
I decide to not do the 10 x3 but start w/half that. So I am just doing 5mg x3 basically morning (more like lunchtime) afternoon and dinnertime.
Ive talked to the nurse in the past the high dosages w/Topamax and titering up slowly so Im not going to bother calling her about this situation, it just makes me look worse. My patient/dr relationship is not the best imo but it's all Ive got right now.

Ok so I do think the buspar is helping so YEA for that, however it is making my insomnia worse and I am having headaches.
Is this because the 5mg x3 is still to high or am I taking the dosages too late in the day or is this just temporary or what? I really do need something for the generalized anxiety disorder.

Will the buspar help w/the broken record, ruminating, constant thoughts?
I am still having the thoughts but I dont seem to be having the crying, upset, anxious reaction to the thoughts. So that's good at least it's letting me think a little bit clearer so I think more "rationally" about my current situation.

Mainly my unsupportive psychiatrist situation lol ugh.

CptNemo
10-29-09, 09:21 PM
Ok,

So I get it and it 10mg 3x daily. I was like isnt that high?

I was started on 5mg 3x daily,but it is pretty subtle.
10 mg may be too much for you,but it doesn't seem too
outlandish. Keep up w/ the 5mgx3 like you said,but tell the doc.

Ok so I do think the buspar is helping so YEA for that, however it is making my insomnia worse and I am having headaches.

I hope the headaches will go away soon,but how can it be helping, *and* hurting your sleep?
It seems that it works by relaxing,so sleep should be easier.

Will the buspar help w/the broken record, ruminating, constant thoughts?

Nope. I think you need something else too.

Maybe ask your current p-doc if they can recommend another p-doc for you.:)
That'll give 'em something to think about.

Edit: Can your boyfriend go with you on your next visit? He can help you remember questions to ask,in case you get side tracked...also support your concerns regarding ADD symptoms.

RestlessAbbey
10-30-09, 03:52 AM
I am going to a new dr tomorrow, so we shall see. My boyfriend is going w/me. The dr said it was ok that he would be w/me but he might want to talk to me alone as well... soo dunno

This dr HAS to be better he just has to be.

I dunno almost everything Ive taken ends up making it harder for me to sleep. I dunno why. Im thinking some of it might be because I havent been feeling good, depressed and so i havent been doing very much so that pent up energy is just stuck. But I dunno.
I tend to be the type that doesnt want to say "goodnight to the night". I dont even want to turn off the tv to even TRY to sleep lol. Well honestly Ive grown up w/going to bed w/the TV on. I like noise, Ive always had background noise on, silence bothers me. Now Im doing good if i turn the tv off and have a loud fan on for "white noise"

So it's not even about FALLING asleep at first, but I have that issue too, I am my own worst enemy. It's like I either lose track of time, or Im like "on a mission on the internet" and I forget that there IS ANOTHER DAY, it's called "tomorrow", and whatever I am doing CAN wait till then. Its like I want to do it ALL right now. Or I get stuck on a show on tv and for some reason it seems so important but its something stupid like "three's company", yeah it makes no sense but at the time it seems reasonable well rationally I know it's not but meh.

Well the the buspar kinda like made it so I wasnt crying and freaking out, but the hamster wheel, thoughts, the "mission", fears, the devil in my head was still going which is really what NEED to go away ALONG w/the "angst".
URGH.

I think I fell asleep at 5:30 am or so yesterday, yeah lame.

WHY cant they JUST GET IT!

Sorry forgive my ranting.