View Full Version : best med for fibro and add?

leana
11-01-09, 06:22 PM
anyone else have both fibro and initentive add? i have the complete fatigue feeling i battle everyday.ive been on several add meds,they seem to work for awile,then switch on me.right now im taking vyvanse 50mg about 8am.it works great,i get laundry done,things done,and can focus well.but about 5 hours later,its done.i get tired,cant concentrate at all.dr gave me a booster of adderall to take,i wait until 2pm to take the adderall,hoping for a second wind,only to be very disapointed.it makes me twice as tired.when the dr heard the vyvanse was wearing off so soon,he wants me to just take adderall 10mg 3/day.ive already experimented,and tried this.its worse. i dont get anything done in the morning at all.what i want to know is,whats the best add med to take if you have both fibro and add,so i need to be alert and have energy,along with added concentration?

ToadysFroggy
12-14-09, 12:36 PM
I have Fibro, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Mono and ADD...I take 50mg of Vyvanse also. I think you may just need your dosage boosted up to 60mg. I actually find that 50mg works well for me but when my Mono is acting up, my ADD suffers, even when I am medicated.

Perfect example, my Mono has been pretty bad lately and I just now remembered to take my Vyvanse! That won't be good because now I won't be able to wind down tonight until after 11 new jersey time!

Please feel free to contact me privately if you want to talk more about this.

Froggy